Boston - JFK Library

lersil

What is the best way to get from the dock to the JFK Library?

If I went by cab approximately what would the cab charge?

There are 4 people in my party.

We took a cab. For a couple of people mass transit would be cheaper but for us we were looking for the most expedient way. At the time it was about $30.00 each way.

I highly recommend visiting the JFK library.

Keith

Are there other things you also want to do in Boston? The JFK Library opens at 9 am. As Keith1010 points out, cab is the most expedient way to get there. By public transit you have to take the Silver Line to South Station and change to the Red Line direction Braintree/Mattapan to go to JFK/UMass and then pick up the free shuttle to the library. This could take an hour.

However, if you want to do other things in Boston as well, you could take a cab to the museum in the morning and then take the free shuttle bus back to the JFK-UMass Red Line Station where you can take an inbound train back to Downtown Crossing or Park St. Park St. is on the Boston Common and is the start of the Freedom Trail. You could walk the trail over to Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall.

Another suggestions would be to price the Rowes Wharf Water Transport for your group of 4. They offer day passes and go to JFK Library as well as a long list of other locations in the harbor including the Black Falcon Terminal and the Constitution.

Archived