Cabin (forward/backward facing cabin furniture)

floridacruisegirl

Hi every one! :)

I am booked on a Coral Princess cruise to Alaska. Does any one know if D717 (Dolphin deck AC mini suite) is forward facing or backward facing? I am hoping it is forward - please let me know.

Thank you so much! :)

You want a forward facing balcony? Gonna get mighty breezy!! Aft is far superior.

I didnt think Princess ships had forward facing Balconies......We had one on NCL (forward) and indeed it was very breezy....lol:D

John

The Royal, Tahitian and Pacifac all have forward facing cabins with balconies.

Although the original question is a little confusing, I think the OP is asking whether or not the sofa and bed in their mini suite is facing toward the bow or the stern of the ship. I have seen other posters in the past concerned with this same issue. For the most part every other cabin is arranged with opposite of the cabin next to it.

I am booked on a Coral Princess cruise to Alaska. Does any one know if D717 (Dolphin deck AC mini suite) is forward facing or backward facing? I am hoping it is forward - please let me know.

Your cabin is on the side of the ship, as you probably know from looking at the deck plans.

Are you wondering which way your bed faces?

Hello - I apologize for the confusion. Yes, my cabin is a starboard cabin...I meant to ask which way the furniture faces. I'm aware it will be opposite of adjacent cabins, but was wondering if anyone knows if my cabin, in particular, is one that has forward or backward facing furniture/bed. It is D717 on the dolphin deck (Coral Princess).

thank you!!! :)

I am curious, why do you hope you face forward?

That would mean since you have a cabin on the starboard side that when you walk into your cabin your bathroom and bed would be on your right.

I asked the same question awhile back, but I didn't have a preference, just wanted to know so I could picture it in my mind.

I suspect the bed and bath are on the right from what the other poster said.

I don't know why it matters as far as motion goes. Now if the head of the bed was on the outside wall like it is in oceanview cabins, then it would ge a different kind of movement.

Thanks for your replies.

To clarify, when we walk into our cabin, we would like the bed and bathroom to be on our left. That way, when the ship is sailing, the bed moves forward in the same direction of the ship.

I am on hold with Princess now to clarify. :)

The bed's going to be moving forward with the ship whether it's facing fore or aft. :D Personally, I have never been able to tell in which direction the ship was moving while I was on it (unless the wind was blowing in my face).

Two years ago, we were in D715 on the Island Princess(sister to the Coral), and when you walked into the room, the bath and bed were on the right. The head of the bed was aft, so when you are lying in bed, you are facing in the same direction that the ship is moving. So, I would assume that your mini, right next door, is the opposite.

I was in D416, Our cabin's couch face forward. I am guessing the cabin next to us would have faced aft. But the chair was facing aft, as it faced the couch

Are you woried about motion sickness while sitting in cabin?

I was in D416, Our cabin's couch face forward. I am guessing the cabin next to us would have faced aft. But the chair was facing aft, as it faced the couch

Are you woried about motion sickness while sitting in cabin?

Same question, but for Crown Princess C235 - suffer from motion sickness!!!!

Melanie

Same question, but for Crown Princess C235 - suffer from motion sickness!!!!

Melanie

I also have motion sickness. Our couch (on HAL) was facing aft and when I sat on it sailing backwards it bothered me at first but I got used to it after a while. I think the bed situation was okay since I was lying down.

On our upcoming Princess cruise we'll have 1 or 2 chairs instead of a couch so at least I can turn them around.

Without knowing the answer to the OP's question, I can at least sympathize. I discovered (on another cruise line) that I can't sleep with my feet facing out to sea instead of my head. It was weird -- not exactly motion sickness, but I just couldn't close my eyes because of the "wrong" orientation. I had to sleep upside down every night.

Caro

Archived