What time should we be disembarking?

Hubby & I will be disembarking in Vancouver after a 14 day b2b on Holland America to and from Alaska. We are Canadian (:cool:). The ship is supposed to dock at 7:00 am on a Friday in mid August, and our flight is at 2:00 pm back to Toronto. What time do you think we should be planning to get off? I don't want to rush and then spend ages at the airport, but I also don't want to feel stressed. There is one other ship docking at the same time that day. :confused:

Well unless you choose to self-disembark, the cruiseline will tell you when you can leave. If you self-disembark, you will be off as early as 8:00 and you will be spending time at the airport. I'd suggest that you go with the flow, have a nice breakfast onboard, wait in one of the lounges until it's your turn to get off and then head to the airport. You will have to provide your flight times to the cruise line and your departure time will depend on that. Of course, I'm presuming that HAL offers the option of self-disembarkation.

I would think that with your 2pm domestic flight that you will be among the last to be disembarked....likely around 9 am. It will take you about 30/45 to collect your bags, clear customs and get to the curb. A cab ride to YVR will take about 35 mins so you will have tons of time. Your ship will be the only one in at Canada Place on Aug 14th except for the small Clipper Odyssey that doesn't aririve until 8 am so things should move very quickly for you.

Archived