barcelona pre cruise bus tour???

dmtb518

Hi...

Traveling to Barcelona in March and pan on staying their pre cruise for one night.. We are arriving early in the morning about 9 am... We are planning to do a hop on hop off bus, just so we can see alot in a short amount of time.. I like the idea that we can basically use this as our mode of transportation and walk to areas that we are interested in seeing. There seem to be two different lines running for about the same price, I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on which is better. They both have alot of the same spots however some are different. I will list below, please let me know if anyone has any input on this. Thanks so much Dawn :)

These are the stops that are different on each bus route, they both include about 25 additional stops.

East to West bus (22 euro) North to South bus (21 euro)

- Barceloneta - Gracia

- Platja del Bogatell - Sarria

- Nova mar bella - monestir de pedralbes

- forum - palau reial

- glories-torre agbar - football club

- hospital de la sta - francesc macia

- estacio de sants - macba-cccb

- camp nou - creu coberta

- placa pius XII - funicular de montjuic

- l'llla diagonal - place de la citadel zoo

- avinguda diagonal - pla de palau

I will be researching to see if they are they same, but any insight would be great additional information...

The Original HOHO bus has 3 lines (green, blue & Red). Buy a 2-day pass, and try to do all of them....

What we usually do is the 45 minute circuit, then go back and get out at the first place which seemed interesting.....

There's LOTS to see in Barcelona.

These should get you started: http://travel.webshots.com/album/554284495tLsKFC

IMHO if one just wants a tour around town than the HO HO.

But if you have a day and can survive the jet lag I'd suggest a couple Gaudi sights; La Sagrada and La Pedrera and rest up than out to Las Ramblas and the open market in the afternoon. Seeing those three things up close I think will be much more satisfying than from the roof of a bus. A cab runs 5-7 euros so easy and cheap.

IMHO if one just wants a tour around town than the HO HO.

But if you have a day and can survive the jet lag I'd suggest a couple Gaudi sights; La Sagrada and La Pedrera and rest up than out to Las Ramblas and the open market in the afternoon. Seeing those three things up close I think will be much more satisfying than from the roof of a bus. A cab runs 5-7 euros so easy and cheap.

And I would skip La Pedrera and go to Casa Batllo instead (across the road and down a block).

I've been to both, and find/found Batllo to be far more visually interesting.

Archived