Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Greece Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Greece Ports Athens, Corfu, Crete, Katakolon, Limassol, Mykonos, Rhodes, Santorini, Volos

Old June 28th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Hiring a car at Corfu

Next month,

We arrive Corfu for 8 am and booked car hire for 8.30 am to drive along to see beaches etc. time 8 to 3 pm so we hope we get back about 2 pm

Anyone been hiring a car and please tell me what the best way to go and anyone have map?

I hope someone tell me about Corfu a day with hire car and what the best way to go and don't go etc.

thanks

Scottishwee35

Ad Sponsored By
Old June 28th, 2013, 05:17 AM
10,000+ Club

We are hiring a car from Sunshine rental, I am sure they can give you a map but we are using a portable GPS for navigation.

Old June 28th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

We picked up a car right at the pier. They gave us suggestions and a map and it was very easy to navigate around the island. There aren't that many roads. When you come back, just follow signs to Keykyra and you will come back to town and the dock. This is the Greek name for Corfu town. If you look for signs pointing you to Corfu, you will be looking for a very long time.

We went to Paleokastritsa and it was a real winner. Lovely beach and wonderful boat rides around the shore and into the caves. There is a parking lot across the street from the beach if you can't find on street parking. Don't forget to visit the monastery when you are there.

Wish we could go back. It was a terrific day.

Old June 29th, 2013, 05:30 AM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by whystayhome View Post
We picked up a car right at the pier. They gave us suggestions and a map and it was very easy to navigate around the island. There aren't that many roads. When you come back, just follow signs to Keykyra and you will come back to town and the dock. This is the Greek name for Corfu town. If you look for signs pointing you to Corfu, you will be looking for a very long time.

We went to Paleokastritsa and it was a real winner. Lovely beach and wonderful boat rides around the shore and into the caves. There is a parking lot across the street from the beach if you can't find on street parking. Don't forget to visit the monastery when you are there.

We are doing the same thing.

Old June 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by whystayhome View Post

hello

I would like to see Palokastritsa and thank for your feedback.

I try my best to visit the monastery too.

Scottishwee35