Favorite ports

CruisingGoddess

For those of you that have sailed a Panama Canal cruise (full or partial transit), which were your favorite ports and why?

Been through the Panama Canal 3 years in a row. There are no bad ports, they're all good , some just better than others. Make the best of each of them while you're there. [emoji1]

Thanks! I haven't decided which itinerary to book yet so I wanted to get ideas on must-visit ports to help me narrow down the list. :)

NCL sails the full transit out of Miami and Los Angeles and is 14 days in length if you have the time. The Pacific ports are all of Interest none better than the other in our opinion.

Edited by WeBeCruisers?

The port stops on a full transit cruise are usually straight forward... on the Pacific side many of the cruise lines will either stop in Corinto Nicaragua or Puerto Quetzal Guatemala plus the almost mandatory Puntarenas Costa Rica and the usual suspects in Mexico. You can find things that are interesting in all of them. However my main focus on a Canal cruise would be Panama and the Canal. I would look for a cruise that gives you a full port stop in Panama in addition to your transit. Whether the stop is in Colon or Ft. Amador there is no real difference in your ability to select tours that interest you. Too many of the itineraries just transit the Canal without a stop in Panama.

On the Atlantic side just about all the ships call at Cartagena and maybe one of the ABC islands. Cartagena is a very interesting city.