LAX Departure to Arrival Terminals for SuperShuttle

Froghead

Renting car at LAX pre-cruise. On morning of cruise, a Sunday, we will return car to LAX. Rental company shuttle will be dropping people off at departure terminals, but we need "arrival" since we plan to take SuperShuttle or maybe ExecuCar to the San Pedro cruise port. Will we be able walk to SuperShuttle area if we get off at departure area at LAX? Not worried about carting luggage, just finding our way around LAX. I looked at LAX map and it wasn't much help.

We plan to ask shuttle driver if it's possible to drop at arrivals but probably they have their route and may not want to deviate. I would call Hertz but have not had good luck finding a local number for airport locations. This may seem trivial but I am a detail person and like to be prepared logistically. Hoping LAX experts can advise.

As a local, maybe I can help. 1st..google LAX Terminal 1 (Southwest)...this will give you the map of where the elevator/escalator is located. LAX is on two levels, with departures on the top and arrivals on the lower level. I suggest getting off the shuttle at Terminal 1 as the airport traffic is BAD...they are doing lots of construction and depending on the time of day it can take 20 minutes to get around the terminal road. Go inside the terminal and take the elevator/escalator down. Go outside and find the signs at the curb for ground transportation/shuttles (the signs are color coded, but I can't remember what color Super Shuttle is). It's that easy.

Alternatively, the rental car shuttle would probably let you stay on the shuttle while it makes it rounds and drops off other passengers on the upper level and then will probably go to the lower level to pick up arriving passengers who are going to their rental car, but I'd ask the driver to make sure they don't send two different shuttles (one designated for each level).

Good luck. Transportation around LA is difficult, even for us locals. Leave yourself lots of time for traffic!

You're very welcome. I'm like you in a strange place...I want to know what I'm going to need to do exactly so I don't waste time being anxious.

Have a wonderful cruise. If you're going out of San Pedro I'm guessing you're going to Hawai'i or Mexico. Look for the sea lions and dolphins as you leave the harbor.

LAX is set up as a horseshoe. For the most part the 8 terminals are not connected.

As said, arrivals are upstairs. There are elevators and escalators available in the terminals.

If the airport is crowded some locals will use the parking lots as bridges between the terminals. T1 (Southwest) to T7 (United) is a common route. Could also do T2-T6 and T3-T4 or T5.

Here is a map of LAX.

I'd get off at Terminal 7 (next to last). If you pick up SuperShuttle at Terminal 1, it will stop at every other terminal until it is full. By getting on at T7 you have better odds of leaving the airport property faster.

If you use ExecuCar, it won't matter which terminal you use.

Thought about the ExecuCar from rental return. Have used them before and worked well. Was hoping to save a few bucks if the SuperShuttle option was easily doable. I'll definitely give ExecuCar a call once I'm sure who we are renting from.

Thanks to all who responded. I'm feeling much better about my options and being fully prepared.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums