Taxi Fare in Seward

vermonter16

DH and I are renting a car in Anchorage to drive to Seward where we'll be staying overnight at the Seward Hotel. We went ahead with a noon to noon time so as not to be charged for another day even though we'd rather pick up the car earlier in Anchorage which we just might wind up doing anyways. Does anyone know how much a cab is from the car rental back down to the other end of Seward (Seward Hotel) and/or how much the average fare is to the cruise terminal? Our ship is leaving at 8pm....anyone have any ideas when we'll board? Thanks!

DH and I are renting a car in Anchorage to drive to Seward where we'll be staying overnight at the Seward Hotel. We went ahead with a noon to noon time so as not to be charged for another day even though we'd rather pick up the car earlier in Anchorage which we just might wind up doing anyways. Does anyone know how much a cab is from the car rental back down to the other end of Seward (Seward Hotel) and/or how much the average fare is to the cruise terminal? Our ship is leaving at 8pm....anyone have any ideas when we'll board? Thanks!

I haven't been there yet, but we have been planning a day in Seward before our cruise. I know there is a free shuttle that circles the town. Here is a link: SEWARD SHUTTLE SCHEDULE AND MAP. I don't know where the car rental drop off is, but you might be able to use the shuttle. It seems to me that almost everything is within relatively easy walking distance if you have the time.

Although we have not sailed from Seward, in my experience on other cruises and from my research for this one, you may board as early as 11:30 or noon, even with an evening sailaway. You must be on board 90 minutes before departure.

We plan to take the train from Anchorage the day before the cruise, and visit Exit Glacier, the Sea Life Center, and explore the town that afternoon and evening. The next day we will take a Kenai Fiords boat tour in the morning/early afternoon before boarding our ship for the cruise.

I'm excited!

Archived