Beach help

tiba99

will be sailing with carnival in feb and one of our stops will be st.lucia. I have been there before on my honeymoon but first time on a cruise ship. I will like to spend that day at beach. I have another couple coming with me and we have a total of two toddlers with us. What beach do you guys recommend?

A beach that has chairs, food, drinks.

Love to hear your comments,

thank you

We just got back Saturday fro a cruise that went to St Lucia.

We got a taxi ( 12.00 per taxi) to Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay. We were taken to the beach at the Rex Halycon resort. We paid for an umbrella and chairs, were able to use the washroom facilities, buy drinks and the beach was great. Our driver came back at the time we said and it was 20 minutes to the port. I would recommend it!

We got a taxi ( 12.00 per taxi) to Reduit Beach in Rodney Bay. We were taken to the beach at the Rex Halycon resort. We paid for an umbrella and chairs, were able to use the washroom facilities, buy drinks and the beach was great. Our driver came back at the time we said and it was 20 minutes to the port. I would recommend it!

20mins I can deal with. Was the beach clean? Did they charge you a lot for the chairs? Do you have any pictures you may like to share?

• 3 months later...
Does anyone have anymore info on this beach?

The beach referenced above is - Reduit Beach - is indeed a clean beach with lots of chairs and umbrellas to rent, lots of restaurants within walking distance, watersports for hire, etc. It is one of the most popular tourist beaches.

Here is a link to more info along with a few pictures of the beach, chairs, Spinnakers Beach Bar, etc. The Rex resorts (referenced above) are right next to Spinnakers. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1509481&highlight=reduit+beach

It is an easy 20-30 minute drive from the port and should cost $30US one way for up to 4 people. Taxis are readily available for return.

Enjoy.

ps: Here's another thread with more info and links to even more threads with info. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1572242&highlight=reduit+beach

The published, gov't set price is $30US from the Port to Rodney Bay/Reduit Beach for up to 4 passengers. Perhaps the folks in the cab split it and it came out to $12 pp or else they went with an un-licensed taxi driver who is not bound by the gov't prices and is pirating the route or else they made a deal with the driver on the side. Can't really say for sure - just know that the gov't set rate for a licensed - TX license plate - taxi is $30US. Hope that helps.

Enjoy your visit.

Thanks for posting this information Kleffy. Our group was thinking of doing a private tour that does the north end of the island and ends up at Pigeon Island Beach. This sounds much more like the way to go. Nice to see a fellow Kingstonian on here. Not many of us out there! ;)

There are 2 Sandals in St. Lucia - all in the north withing 1 5-3 5 minutes of the port. Sandals La Toc is the closest at about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic, Halcyon is next at about 15-20 minutes and Grande is furthest at about 25-35 minutes (all times traffic dependent) Sandals passes run $100US pp and taxi costs will range from $20US - $35US one way for up to 4 people depending on which resort.

There is also Rendezvous resort right near the docks on a long, long stretch of beach on the Caribbean sea - calm clear waters, etc. It too is an adults only AI resort and offers day passes from $60US pp from 10-4. It is only a 5-10 minute cab ride or 20-25 minute walk from the docks.

Enjoy.

Archived