Hotel recommendations in Seattle

he5makba

thanks again!

you're welcome! have a great trip!

You might want to do the Market on Sat morning to avoid Fri afternoon crowds. Maybe check out of the hotel at 9ish, leave your luggage with the desk, then head to the market for 2 hrs. Catch a cab back when it's time to head back and meet the shuttle. Since the pier is only 10-15 minutes away, move your pickup at noon/1 to give you a little more time.

Has anyone stayed here? I was going to book Homewood Suites, but at the last minute saw this one and liked that it was in between the Space Needle and Pike Place Market.

I saw they had a shuttle to the Space Needle and thought that would be convenient.

Has anyone stayed here? I was going to book Homewood Suites, but at the last minute saw this one and liked that it was in between the Space Needle and Pike Place Market.

I saw they had a shuttle to the Space Needle and thought that would be convenient.

Yes - it's basically The Maxwell-Lite. Same people run it, but it started life less fancy so rooms are much smaller. Decor is very loud. Good location, right across from the monorail so if you're going to the needle use this to get there not their shuttle, much more fun! Top Pot doughnuts is just along the street too for a treat.

I would however suggest that you compare the room rate to that of the Maxwell - unless you're saving at least 20%, I'd move to the Maxwell if they have availability. We thought that the overall experience at Five was about 75% as good, so that's our threshold for staying at one vs. the other.

Yes - it's basically The Maxwell-Lite. Same people run it, but it started life less fancy so rooms are much smaller. Decor is very loud. Good location, right across from the monorail so if you're going to the needle use this to get there not their shuttle, much more fun! Top Pot doughnuts is just along the street too for a treat.

I would however suggest that you compare the room rate to that of the Maxwell - unless you're saving at least 20%, I'd move to the Maxwell if they have availability. We thought that the overall experience at Five was about 75% as good, so that's our threshold for staying at one vs. the other.

Thanks for the info. Esp. the monorail.

Taking a cruise that starts in Vancouver and ends in Seattle next year on Solstice. We will be spending the night in Seattle the day we pull in. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations with easy access to the light rail there?

Thanks

grand Hyatt is a good choice for proximity to the Light Rail. About a block or two away

Edited by 4cats4me

• 1 month later...
Hi All

We booked this hotel for our September pre-cruise stay - mainly booked because I am a Hilton Honors member and got a free room. .

This hotel worked great for one night pre-cruise! We were within walking distance (10 min moderate pace) to the SPACE NEEDLE and the Chihuly Gardens. You can get the monorail from the Space Needle to get to Pike's Market ( a few blocks away from the Monorail; another 10 min walk but beware it's uphill coming back!).

Cab rides to Pike's Market or Miners Landing were $10 -$12 each way depending on your driver or traffic.

Ask for a room NOT on the main street - if traffic sounds bother you this is a busy street well into the night.

There is a grocery store within walking distance to pick up any last minute items or Wine to carry on...

Several places to eat close by as well.

Would recommend this hotel for pre or post cruisers.

you're welcome! have a great trip!

You might want to do the Market on Sat morning to avoid Fri afternoon crowds. Maybe check out of the hotel at 9ish, leave your luggage with the desk, then head to the market for 2 hrs. Catch a cab back when it's time to head back and meet the shuttle. Since the pier is only 10-15 minutes away, move your pickup at noon/1 to give you a little more time.

Thanks for this tip - we did wait till Saturday morning to head to the market - grabbed a cab from the hotel for 4 adults ( it was tight in a small car LOL) $11.00. Got to walk thru the market and see the famous "fish throwing" and picked up a few small items as well. Walked up to the Monorail for the trip back to the hotel ($6 for 4 seniors!) and all in time for check out and to meet up with our reserved ride to the Pier. Great tips - thanks!

Cinbol

Thanks for all the great info on the Hampton Inn Downtown. We are booked there for our May sailing on the Crown. We are going in two days prior to do some sight seeing. Can you recommend some good restaurants close by(not too expensive)? Haven't decided if we are going to get a rental car or not. Will be meeting BIL and SIL from MI and staying in the 2 king/2 bath suite. If you have any other good info to pass on I would appreciate it.

We found a nice pub one block up and then down to 3rd ave...Menigans I think was the name. Good food and reasonable. For dinner we cabbed ($11) to Miners Landing on the waterfront and ate at The Crab Pot. Very good and go hungry. If you like crab get the fact feast..the literally dump it on the table!

sent from my droid