Layover in ATL Question

babsee101

Flying from Austin, TX to San Juan in April with a layover in Atlanta. Do you think a 1 hour and 25 minute lay over in America's busiest airport is long enough?

We originally had an extra hour but the airline changed our flight.

Flying from Austin, TX to San Juan in April with a layover in Atlanta. Do you think a 1 hour and 25 minute lay over in America's busiest airport is long enough?

We originally had an extra hour but the airline changed our flight.

Yes if all goes well this is a very doable connection time in ATL..not as bad as some say and very well organized (JMHO) based on our usual 2 x's connection flights a year to get to our departure cruise city...

I prefer a little more time, but only because we have a favorite place to eat at ATL...

Will be there again in 2 weeks outbound and 3 weeks return :p

When DL changes my flight time (and they do often) I look online to see what other options are available and call them to make the change..this is easy to do and even with just a few minutes difference I have never been charged a change fee...Best of luck !!

Edited by Ashland

Great info! Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I would like to keep the flight because it puts us in San Juan an hour earlier but not if there is a good chance of missing our connecting flight.

Where is it that you like to eat in ATL? We have a 2.5 hour layover on the way back right around dinner time. May want to check it out.

Edited by babsee101

There is a fairly new P.F. Chang's in the Atlanta airport, not sure which terminal. There are a lot of other choices that aren't bad at all.

We find getting around the Atlanta airport is relatively easy. The subway works very fast and getting from terminal to terminal is fairly easy. It is nothing like JFK, O'Hare or LAX.

Let me guess - favorite place to eat at ATL: One Flew South ;)

No..we actually like the sandwiches at Boar's Head and the amazing carrott cake at "A Piece of Cake"...just simple taste for us...but just something that we enjoy at that airport. I'll check out the menu at One Flew South when I'm there...thanks.

Where is it that you like to eat in ATL? We have a 2.5 hour layover on the way back right around dinner time. May want to check it out.

I vote for One Flew South. Love their Concourse E Kobe beef burger, the pulled duck sandwich, and their pork belly sliders. They also have a sushi menu but I always go back to one of my three aforementioned favorites.

SJU flights can leave from almost any concourse.

If you are on a regional jet you will most likely come into C or D at either end. The train is in the middle. You will have plenty of time. The key to connections in ATL is to check the monitor as you exit the jetway into the terminal. Your ATL-SJU flight will be listed there. The plane trains are located in the middle of most concourses around gates 18/19. The directions for your next concourse will be posted overhead so do look up.

I vote for One Flew South too. We'll be back there soon!!!!! The pulled duck gets my vote too.

SJU flights can leave from almost any concourse.

If you are on a regional jet you will most likely come into C or D at either end. The train is in the middle. You will have plenty of time. The key to connections in ATL is to check the monitor as you exit the jetway into the terminal. Your ATL-SJU flight will be listed there. The plane trains are located in the middle of most concourses around gates 18/19. The directions for your next concourse will be posted overhead so do look up.

I vote for One Flew South too. We'll be back there soon!!!!! The pulled duck gets my vote too.

Great to know! I feel much more confident that we will be able to make our connection now. Thanks to all of you!