QM2 10th Anniversary Crossing - Video

rgaudet

Hi Folks,

I pulled a short video together of the May9-16 2014 crossing. Apologies in advance for the shaky video in the first part. I was in full zoom mode from Mayflower Park and the camera didn't seem to like together with the wind. I Clearly picked the wrong spot to watch the sail in!

Lot's of fun on the crossing. Enjoy!

Rob

Hi Folks, I pulled a short video together of the May9-16 2014 crossing. ... Lot's of fun on the crossing. Enjoy! Rob
Hi Rob,

Many thanks for the link to your video, great to see the May 9th crossing again! I think you captured the atmosphere before sailing, and on board very well. I esp. enjoyed the views of the ocean and the arrival into New York.

Thank you again :) :)

(from someone who makes a very brief appearance!)

I think I MAY have seen you! Good excuse to watch the video again :) and again..........
In which case you have VERY good eyesight :) I'm impressed! I shall certainly watch the video again (thank you again Rob).

I hope our paths cross again one day, QE seems a very long time ago...

Sincere best wishes,

Edited by pepperrn

Hi Rob,

Many thanks for the link to your video, great to see the May 9th crossing again! I think you captured the atmosphere before sailing, and on board very well. I esp. enjoyed the views of the ocean and the arrival into New York.

Thank you again :) :)

(from someone who makes a very brief appearance!)

I had many more minutes of ocean footage but thought many people would find it boring!

I caught you the video? 2nd time we've sailed together but never met! Next time for sure! My fault though as I didn't attend the M&G again this time...I found the commodore club had a bit too much motion for me that day.

Thanks,

Rob

Thank you for sharing, Rob!

I dub you our official video-maker for all future voyages DH and I take on the QM2. You did an excellent job! Just excellent.

The arrival view of the ships from the park were fabulous, despite the fact you seemed to be hitting some Pol Acker a bit early that morning. No matter. What you captured was magnificent (and something we ourselves were not witness to--thank you for catching us up)…

Ditto with checking for rust under the Verrazano Narrows Bridges, coming into NY. We missed that this sailing, but you took the most wonderful footage, capturing it perfectly.

We are still unbooked for our next voyage. Your video makes me want to sit down with the brochure, again, and plan something out. Cunard should give you a commission (or a second bottle of the PA, at least).

Again, thank you for sharing your video (all our joint memories) and for all your posts on the CC boards.

Thank you for posting this. You captured life aboard very well. Thank goodness I have something booked because I had a very serious case of QM2-itis as I watched.

did you feel much motion at the start of the voyage when there were quite a few white horses around?

The swells got quite high, the video doesn't show it well. (we had a wave cover our window in the Britannia restaurant the second night...quite exciting!)

And yes, there was motion, especially at the front in, say, the Commodore Club. But now that I've been on other ships in calm, moderate and rough seas, I am convinced that there is substantial difference between Qm2 and other ships. ("Ocean Liner" is more than a marketing term!)

Here's what I noticed. 1. Virtually no roll. I understand there are stabilizers on all ships these days but I've felt roll on other ships in lesser seas. 2. While it is impossible to not pitch in these large swells, QM2 would go down, up, and then level almost immediately. It was quite impressive. And the way we could sail directly in to the storm at 22-23 knots, was, as Stephen Payne put it, "doing exactly what she was designed to do! "

It was also fun to get up to 25 knots on the last day!

Rob

Thank you for sharing, Rob!

I dub you our official video-maker for all future voyages DH and I take on the QM2. You did an excellent job! Just excellent.

The arrival view of the ships from the park were fabulous, despite the fact you seemed to be hitting some Pol Acker a bit early that morning. No matter. What you captured was magnificent (and something we ourselves were not witness to--thank you for catching us up)…

Ditto with checking for rust under the Verrazano Narrows Bridges, coming into NY. We missed that this sailing, but you took the most wonderful footage, capturing it perfectly.

We are still unbooked for our next voyage. Your video makes me want to sit down with the brochure, again, and plan something out. Cunard should give you a commission (or a second bottle of the PA, at least).

Again, thank you for sharing your video (all our joint memories) and for all your posts on the CC boards.

thanks for the comments! We can share a bottle of PA next time on board!

Rob

Thank you for posting this. You captured life aboard very well. Thank goodness I have something booked because I had a very serious case of QM2-itis as I watched.

Thanks! You know, I kept cutting the video down in size so as to not bore people, but I think this group would probably like the "director's cut" that I had at about 30 mins. Lots and lots of ocean views. Maybe I make that my next project. I will spare my friends and family from it...they already think I'm nuts!

Rob

Thanks! You know, I kept cutting the video down in size so as to not bore people, but I think this group would probably like the "director's cut" that I had at about 30 mins. Lots and lots of ocean views. Maybe I make that my next project. I will spare my friends and family from it...they already think I'm nuts!

Rob

Aren't you glad you have us to share this with? Sadly some of my friends just do not understand.

Thank you for the wonderful video. We'll be crossing on July 6 and I didn't think that anything could increase our anticipation beyond what it already was. But your video did just that!

thanks for the comments! We can share a bottle of PA next time on board!

Rob

You're on, Rob. A "PA" party : )

The only potential argument is whose PA we should deplete.

My DH (a thoroughly delightful man in every way) doesn't drink. I'm always reluctant to open the PA unless I find others with whom I can share the bottle. On past crossings, I have had to resort to giving our bottle to nice folks I met onboard…

In any case, I believe PA tastes better when shared with agreeable people : )