Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

We are still waiting for our cabin assignment - 7 days out.

We have booked a guarantee cabin for the last few cruises, as we are not picky as to where on the ship our cabin is located, and it's always a few hundred dollars cheaper than a specific cabin.

We never book less than what we'd be happy with, and are pleasantly surprised with small upgrades. Last cruise, we booked a VE guarantee, and were given a VA. Long ago, we booked an oceanview guarantee, and were upgraded (n/c) to a verandah. This, unfortunately, has spoiled me forever ... :rolleyes:

This cruise, we have booked a lanai guarantee, and are still waiting for our assignment. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good cabin (this is, of course, part of the fun!)

This is the first time we have reserved a guaranteed cabin - we saved quite a bit when reserving hence it was a good choice as far I was concerned. The only BB cabins are on the 10th deck - would I be correct to assume that once we are assigned it will be on the 10th deck?

For those of you who have gone this route previously (booking a guarantee), when do you think we might be assigned a cabin?

Thanks in advance.

You could receive a BB or better so hard to say where you will land. Guarantees are assigned anywhere from about 21 days out to being assigned at the pier. Average assignment usually comes at about 10 to 11 days out. The very minute it is assigned it will appear on your luggage tags so check there first.

We are still waiting for our cabin assignment - 7 days out.

We have booked a guarantee cabin for the last few cruises, as we are not picky as to where on the ship our cabin is located, and it's always a few hundred dollars cheaper than a specific cabin.

We never book less than what we'd be happy with, and are pleasantly surprised with small upgrades. Last cruise, we booked a VE guarantee, and were given a VA. Long ago, we booked an oceanview guarantee, and were upgraded (n/c) to a verandah. This, unfortunately, has spoiled me forever ... :rolleyes:

This cruise, we have booked a lanai guarantee, and are still waiting for our assignment. Keeping my fingers crossed for a good cabin (this is, of course, part of the fun!)

We saved about $600 per person booking the guarantee...and since I know I will get a balcony, I'm fine with any room they assign. Everything is ready...all I need to do now is get the clothing together. I am determined to cut down....we will be on the ship for 14 days...or as I like to say "heaven on Earth!"

Thanks again for sharing.

You could receive a BB or better so hard to say where you will land. Guarantees are assigned anywhere from about 21 days out to being assigned at the pier. Average assignment usually comes at about 10 to 11 days out. The very minute it is assigned it will appear on your luggage tags so check there first.

What categories would be considered better than the BB? I'm not familiar with the type of cabins HAL has on their ships. I'm really hoping for the BB because it is perfectly located....and I like being on the 10th deck. Any insight you can share?

Thank you.

What categories would be considered better than the BB? I'm not familiar with the type of cabins HAL has on their ships. I'm really hoping for the BB because it is perfectly located....and I like being on the 10th deck. Any insight you can share?

Thank you.

I can't get the holland America website to load but from another site it looks like b, sa, sb and the pinnacle suite are higher than the bb. I'm afraid I'm not as familiar with the older ships. Someone will likely be around to correct me if I've given you bad info.

I can't get the holland America website to load but from another site it looks like b, sa, sb and the pinnacle suite are higher than the bb. I'm afraid I'm not as familiar with the older ships. Someone will likely be around to correct me if I've given you bad info.

There are As on that ship, too. I think (but can't verify) that there might be something like an AA, or a BA.

This is the first time we have reserved a guaranteed cabin - we saved quite a bit when reserving hence it was a good choice as far I was concerned. The only BB cabins are on the 10th deck - would I be correct to assume that once we are assigned it will be on the 10th deck?

For those of you who have gone this route previously (booking a guarantee), when do you think we might be assigned a cabin?

Thanks in advance.

Ryndam's BB cabins are on Deck 10, as you said. There are 6 of them there. You could also receive a B (also 6 of them on Deck 10).

There are also lots of BA, B and A on Deck 9. You may receive any of these categories.

So, safe to say you'll be on Deck 9 or 10.

General rule of thumb is that cabin assignments are made ~10-12 days before the cruise ... but it could be earlier, or even be at the pier the day of sailing!

Hi All!

FWIW, I have booked two out of three cruises using GTY for a verandah stateroom. One time I reserved a specific stateroom. All three cruises, we were on the Rotterdam deck to the back (aft?) of the ship. But this year, I am seeing more sold-out cruises than I have in the past.

I booked and paid for a cruise today sailing to Alaska the last part of August. Hopefully we will be as lucky in room assignments. Not counting on it though. But seriously, what is not to like about any room with a balcony on HAL?

Mocha

ours just showed up. Booked SY guarantee and got a SY cabin. it is a connecting one so hopefully that isn't an issue but happy with location etc. I figured we wouldn't get an upgrade as the prices have been above what we paid for almost the whole time since we booked. There was only a slight drop after we booked but we would have lots our explore4.

ours just showed up. Booked SY guarantee and got a SY cabin. it is a connecting one so hopefully that isn't an issue but happy with location etc. I figured we wouldn't get an upgrade as the prices have been above what we paid for almost the whole time since we booked. There was only a slight drop after we booked but we would have lots our explore4.

We are sailing on the same day with you but out of Barcelona. Still waiting. The strangest thing happened: I checked the availability via dummy reservation and there were lots of available balcony cabins in various categories. All of a sudden next day everything showed sold out. This is our first time doing guarantee and first time on HAL. Never seen anything like this on other lines. The other thing is that I broke VF as it was cheaper at the time yet they discounted VE and VH later on. When I called to see if I get upgraded, they said nothing can be done as my category is not the one that got discounted and to rebook after final payment will cost me more. We shall see what happens.

Still waiting ... we leave in 2 days ... got three upsell offers for both vista suites and neptune suites (lanai guarantee). Going to wait until I check in for our flights, and then I'll print my express docs, with or without our cabin #!

We are still waiting as well. No upsell offers. Sailing on the 8th of August. I keep checking my luggage tag every day now and nothing. I know that people on the same ship prior to us got their assignment about 10 days before the cruise. I actually sent them an e-mail stating what my preferences are in case upgrade is available and if not, what is my preference within the category I purchase, but no reply came in. We'll see. Getting anxious. The strange thing happened with this cruise. Never seen this before. I was checking the availability periodically to see what's available just to guess what my chances of the upgrade and there were plenty of cabins on all the decks. All of a sudden next day everything showed as sold out. Either they just blocked their system in order for anxious people not to look or they just wanted to show sold out in order not to provide any upgrades / upsells / cabin changes when passengers receive assignment. There is no possible way to sell all available cabins overnight. Any thoughts from anyone?

We are still waiting as well. No upsell offers. Sailing on the 8th of August. I keep checking my luggage tag every day now and nothing. I know that people on the same ship prior to us got their assignment about 10 days before the cruise. I actually sent them an e-mail stating what my preferences are in case upgrade is available and if not, what is my preference within the category I purchase, but no reply came in. We'll see. Getting anxious. The strange thing happened with this cruise. Never seen this before. I was checking the availability periodically to see what's available just to guess what my chances of the upgrade and there were plenty of cabins on all the decks. All of a sudden next day everything showed as sold out. Either they just blocked their system in order for anxious people not to look or they just wanted to show sold out in order not to provide any upgrades / upsells / cabin changes when passengers receive assignment. There is no possible way to sell all available cabins overnight. Any thoughts from anyone?

When you book a guarantee you pretty much give up your right for a preference. I book them too so I get it. Usually when the categories are showing as sold out they are doing the assignment or it is truly sold out. I usually go onto a online cruise seller just to double check if it's sold out. Good luck on your assignment.

When you book a guarantee you pretty much give up your right for a preference. I book them too so I get it. Usually when the categories are showing as sold out they are doing the assignment or it is truly sold out. I usually go onto a online cruise seller just to double check if it's sold out. Good luck on your assignment.

Thank you. I did go to other online sellers and they either don't show it at all or show sold out. I still think that HAL created this artificial situation on their website. Perhaps it will show availability again once the assignments are complete.

Thank you. I did go to other online sellers and they either don't show it at all or show sold out. I still think that HAL created this artificial situation on their website. Perhaps it will show availability again once the assignments are complete.

Yes it will.

Still waiting for my assignment on the August 16 Oosterdam cruise from Vancouver.

Since this is my first time on HAL, and first time booking at GTY Neputune SC, what's the general opinion on how they allocate staterooms. Going through the booking process, all the SC staterooms are showing as booked, SB is showing up as "Cabin category not available," and there are a lot of SA's available.

So, do they tend to upgrade other folks into the SA's, leaving the SC's for the GTY folks, or is there a good chance we'll get into an SA?

And, like others have said, however it works out, it will be a great time!

I booked almost a year out. Booked sy gty. Got an sy. But prices have only gone up. Sz offered 3 months ago were more than I paid so I wouldn't be surprised if they were placed higher. Of course we don't have any clue as to what up sells were done

Mine just showed up. Booked VF and got VB on deck 5 aft. Have anyone stayed in the aft balcony? We never did. A lot of people like it. I was hoping for the higher deck, but at least I didn't get one of those metal railings. I wonder if these balconies are larger than the ones on the side. Any feedback is appreciated.

Mine just showed up. Booked VF and got VB on deck 5 aft. Have anyone stayed in the aft balcony? We never did. A lot of people like it. I was hoping for the higher deck, but at least I didn't get one of those metal railings. I wonder if these balconies are larger than the ones on the side. Any feedback is appreciated.

Love the aft balconies. Think you will enjoy it. Watching the wake is mesmerizing.