Breezing in the Fall - October 18, 2015 Western Caribbean

Winterstale

Yup...it's a little early, but I'm starting a roll call for anyone on this sailing!

We were booked on the Splendor for January 25 and had to change due to work issues interfering....since we had already sailed the Splendor twice, we were kind of happy to move over to the Breeze for this sailing!!

Got ourselves a Spa Oceanview cabin and we are excited....even this far out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, just booked this cruise yesterday; it will be me, my husband and our then 10-year old daughter. We wanted the 8-day following this cruise but weren't able to get off at that time :( Having been to Jamaica yet, looking forward to going back to Grand Cayman, I think that we will stay on the boat in Cozumel. We've been there a couple times and have seen all that we need to see there.

Edited by loco1969

Hey! glad to see we're getting some activity as we near the "one year to go!" mark - LOL.

We're looking forward to seeing GC and Jamaica for the first time -- we've also been to Coz a few times now but we will still go ashore and head over to Money Bar Beach on our own for a little something to eat and some snorkeling.

We are Bridget (me) and Brian (DH) from Burbank - in our 50's but more like our 20's :D

Just got back from a quick 4 Day Carnival Victory and for the 2nd time we went to the Money Bar in Cozumel. We love it there. When we go back on this trip we are going to take the grand-kids to Chank..

We are also in our mid-50s but act like 20s on one day and feel like 70s the next..hahahaha

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Last time we went to Money Bar Beach the water was extremely choppy so even though we were able to do a little snorkeling it was a bit scary, love Chankanaab though :) We are in our mid 40s with a 9 year year old

Yes Chankanaab is nice, especially that little cove area. If you get outside that it can get very very rough!!!! By the time of our cruise two of our grandchildren will be 12 and 13. Not sure if they will be in the same group as your 9 year old assuming they all will be going to the kids club.

HELLOOOOOO !!!!! We just BOOKED today :D SO EXCITED !! Took FULL advantage of that AWESOME sale going on til FRIDAY. A little info about us ~ I'm Sheryl by the way and I will be cruising with my beautiful family the hubby Tony ( which will be celebrating his 44 th B-day on this cruise but Shhh he thinks he's going on 22.... :rolleyes: so we tell ourselves Ha !! Kids keep us young. ) 2 sons Christian will be 19, Brody 17 along with my daughter BritLynn 11. This will also be our 20th wedding anny cruise as well (14th of October as a matter of fact YAY !! I survived Lol j/king). We're from the Daytona Beach area moved here 4 years ago from Ohio and loving every min. but F.Y.I I will always be a BUCKEYE GIRL.

Just got off the SUNSHINE with our close friends. We had 4 couples and 150 plus people in a group. Did 8 days to Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk had a GREAT time so much so I had to come home and book right away !! What can I say the post cruise depression got me :p Lol

This will be Tony & my 5th cruise all with Carnival. Looking forward to making new friends, planning together and counting the year away !! Lets get this party started what do you say !! :eek: My motto Live life to the fullest and Y.O.L.O.

Thank you Winterstale glad to be apart of the group :) Excited that we're almost 11 months away now yay !! I've done a countdown as far out as 2 years before so this is a pc. of cake Lol Maybe after the holidays we'll start to pick up.... I hope. I try to stop by daily to see if anyone posts. RC are fun, met some really GREAT people though CC. Happy Hump Day everyone !!

I agree - I love the RCs! I do have a trip down to the Caribbean in between now and October -- sailing in the BVI in May -- we've done this every year since we got married there in 2005. My husband and I both actually sail so we charter a boat every year - this year we have three couples going with us so we have a catamaran - should be good fun and will make the time left waiting to get on the Breeze a little less painful :D

That sounds AMAZING Bridget ENJOY !! Wish I could say we had another cruise booked besides this one, I seriously could sail all the time.... the open sea is my medication ;) No plans til June 2015 for us. Taking a week vacation after the kids are out of school back up to Ohio, my hometown that's where my folks are <3 We always hit up King's Island while we're there, see friends, hoping to camp some etc. that should waste some time til October. :D

Edited by daydreamer35

I'm off today so I've been doing some research, reading reviews on shore excursions. Has anyone thought about what they might want to do at the ports yet ?? Been trying to focus on one port at a time so it doesn't seem so overwhelming..... today it's MEXICO !! I did see where you guys all like Money Bar Beach in Cozumel. Just trying to take it all in. I'm the planner of the family so I value my role extremely ( serious face ) Ha !! I just want to consider everyone's likes and dislikes.... making everyone happy and having a GREAT vacation is my goal which in return makes me HAPPY.... ok maybe with a drink in hand it might even make me freaking ECSTATIC :p SCORE !! Lol

For Mexico I have 2 places that stand out to me. 1.) Mayan Ruins.... which is where Tony ( the hubby ) wants to visit. It's kind of on his bucket list. I've heard him mention he would like to learn some history and tour the Island.... he never wants much and always goes with what I want so this is a MUST here !! Has anyone ever taken a tour before ?? I would love to find a good one of course.

2.) Mr. Sancho's ~ I heard this place is a BLAST !! LOTS of fun things to do. I've seen pics and heard all great things about this place. Looks like they have something for everyone too.... water activities, sports. Did I see horses ?? WHAT !! :eek: Ever been ??

What are your thoughts or idea's for families, tips for someone who has never been to Cozumel before or even Mexico ?? Thanks in advance !! ~ Sheryl

Sheryl - if you guys are into snorkeling at all, you really MUST snorkel somewhere Cozumel.

We are not into booking "excursions" and prefer to do our own thing in ports. I do a lot of research via sites like tripadvisor and just by googling or spending time on the port threads here on CC.

We're going to rent a car in Grand Cayman - we have friends who have been there many times and are suggesting some off-the-beaten path places to go for great snorkeling, cocktails, etc.

Not sure what we'll do yet in Jamaica -- maybe an all-inclusive.

In Coz, we will most likely go back to Money Bar - do some snorkeling and enjoy some drinks and snacks :D Might even spring for a massage :D

Sheryl, we did a jeep tour with Cozumel Cruise Excursions last year and it was incredible! We went snorkeling, visited a little village (El Cedral) where the oldest Mayan church in Cozumel is, there is also a very old Catholic church there as well as some little shops where I picked up some great jewelry at a very reasonable price, the owners will haggle with you so don't ever pay the price it's marked. We went to an outdoor bar that was a bit like a tree house with cool swings, it was across from the water. We had the best fajitas which were included in the tour as well as sampled some AMAZING peanut butter tequila, then we drove along the coast and stopped a few places for pictures, we wanted to go to the lighthouse but there were some tidal issues or something and we couldn't go :( We finished our tour at the Casa Mission tequila factory, it's not really a factory, it's more of an exhibit of how tequila is made but the stuff they make is the best tequila I have EVER had and the guy that was giving us samples was giving me enough that I had a good buzz by the time we left lol. The tequila is pricier than the stuff you buy on the ships or at the port stores but it's SOOOOOO good! They gave our daughter a ride on a donkey while we were sampling. It was a great tour and I highly recommend it. http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/

loco1969 Super FANTASTIC !!!! Thank you so much :D This was EXACTLY what I wanted to hear because I was leaning toward the Jeep tour. This just makes it more interesting to me. I seriously haven't found one bad review on the Jeep tour.... other tours yes. However, I'm thinking I might try to do a private one where I can pick my stops..... wondering if they could add in a hr or 2 at Mr. Sancho's.... I will have to email the company about it. So you had a good experience with Cozumel Cruise Excursions then ?? Did you book straight through them or with Carnival ??

The eleventh day of November is an exceptional day. In the United States, the day is called Veterans Day. In some different parts of the world, it is called Remembrance Day , a day to respect military society, who served amid war .

This day attracts the country’s thoughtfulness regarding the tributes made by its war saints. Americans express their aggregate pride for the military.

Thank you to the ones who have served, are serving or have family who have helped this great country. Happy Veterans Day !!