Chankanaab ?

lbtnewcruiser

Can anyone tell me how long of a ride it is to Chankanaab from the pier ? How much is the taxi ? Is it hard to get a van taxi for 6 ? We booked the kids on the ships Dolphin excursion 14,16,18 &20 and thought we would follow over and possibly all go back to the pier by taxi if we aren't ready to leave when the ships excursion is over

About 15 minutes or less in a cab and the fare shoudl be about $5 per person for the 6 of you -- lots of van cabs. There will be cabs waiting when you are ready to leave or they can call and have one there in a few minutes. Good luck! :)

We did not book through the cruise, so when we left the ship, you can follow the crowd out of the port shopping area. We got the directions from the cruise video showing you how to get out of the port shopping area to get a taxi the their endorsed shopping area. There is a taxi que in plain sight and an english speaking "director" assigning families to both smaller and larger taxis and letting the driver know the destination. The locations and fares were posted next to the line. We had 8 in our party and quickly found a taxi (forget about seatbelts though). We went to Chankanaab and there were plenty of taxis waiting for our departure. I did read they will call you one if need be. I think we paid $22 for the 8 of us.

As others have said, very easy to catch a cab both to and from Chankanaab.

Our last visit (in March) had us leaving the port pretty late (compared to our cruise 6 months prior to that to Cozumel and Chank) and most people had already left the park. We were worried that we may have to wait on a cab, but when we arrived out at the front entrance, we ask the guy that welcomes you and controls the cabs if there was a long wait to get a taxi back. He pointed to a parking lot right beside Chank and said...all of those taxis are here and ready to take you whenever you are ready. :D I had not noticed this parking lot the time we were there before (or even this trip when we arrived). PLENTY of cabs. No worries. :)

Archived