Choice Air - Selecting Seat

emerald6273

It is completely unknown whether or not you will be able to select seats.

You will get your locator at some point. However, the ability to select seats is dependent, not on having the locator, but upon the fare basis for your ticket, the carrier involved, their specific airline procedures for seat assignments and more. And with a cruise air ticket, you are unlikely to know the fare basis until after purchase - and even then, may not be able to find out specifics. Further, there are some airlines and/or routes where there is NO advance seat assignments - you get it at check-in.

Not quite sure about the "need" for exit row seats. Though perhaps desirable, I wonder about your word choice.

Of course, actually telling us your routings and airlines would help.

Bonus points if you know if the choice air tickets:

1. Do not allow seat selection,
  2. Only allow seat selection at checkin, or
  3. Require a fee to select exit row.

Must provide proof via something from choice air, not via anecdote.

"Select seats". With all the airlines, it is a seat request only. You may not end up in those seats even if you 'select' them. Low probability but it can happen. What's your plan "B"?

If you are a member of that particular airlines frequent flyer club you may try going online to their website, sign in, and book seats then. We've used choice air several times thru different cruise lines and have never had a problem selecting our seats and keeping them. Or maybe call the airlines and see if they'll book seats for you, but you will need a locator # and requesting exit row seats may cost you an additional fee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was able to select seats on Delta and American for upcoming standard economy flights purchased through ChoiceAir. Option to purchase preferred seating was also available. Airline record locator was provided with purchase confirmation.

Was able to select seats on Delta and American for upcoming standard economy flights purchased through ChoiceAir. Option to purchase preferred seating was also available. Airline record locator was provided with purchase confirmation.

You do know that both DL and AA have fare classes that do not allow for seat selection? And if so, how did you know that you weren't buying that type of ticket?

Since the OP doesn't mention any kind of routing or airlines, how do we know if he would be on an airline that doesn't allow for advance seat selection?

However, glad that it worked for you. But that experience is non-transferable without much more information.

Some airlines reserve those exit aisle seats for their loyal travelers or people willing to pony up extra money.

OP: Why do you require the exit row? If it is for the extra legroom, you should just buy the "premium economy", "Comfort +" , etc. seats that most mainstream airlines offer now. Hoping that you can get one of those 4-6 exit row seats on a flight without elite status on that airline is not realistic anymore, Choice Air or buy normally through the airline...

Usually DW and I make our own flight reservations; however, the one time I used Choice Air was for a flight from Miami to London on BA. Choice Air was able to obtain two first class tickets at a reasonable price with seat assignments. All aspects of flight from check in to arrival went smoothly.

You do know that both DL and AA have fare classes that do not allow for seat selection? And if so, how did you know that you weren't buying that type of ticket?

Since the OP doesn't mention any kind of routing or airlines, how do we know if he would be on an airline that doesn't allow for advance seat selection?

However, glad that it worked for you. But that experience is non-transferable without much more information.

The airline I'll probably be using is Aer Lingus

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I would be afraid to be booked into Basic Economy under CruiseAir and can't select my seat or no access to overhead space. I actually enjoy booking my own airfare as I can decide when I want to go. I also want to be able to do online checkin and get frequent flier miles etc.

On CruiseAir Flexible the airfare can go up or down with Restricted the cruise must be paid in full with most cruiselines. Flexible you only get ticketed after final payment and your schedule may change.

For me I will book my airfare once I am 100 percent I am going. You are really not saving money with Cruise Air.

I said my tickets were standard economy not the new basic economy. You can tell ChoiceAir what class of ticket you want. Just giving my experience that it is possible with AA and Delta. I didn't say it was possible on other airlines.

I said my tickets were standard economy not the new basic economy. You can tell ChoiceAir what class of ticket you want. Just giving my experience that it is possible with AA and Delta. I didn't say it was possible on other airlines.

The OP is specifically asking about exit row seats, and those still may not be available to select in advance, even with a "standard" economy purchase.

OP: Why is it that you "need" exit row seats? Some may be able to offer alternative seating choices if the reason for the need is known.

The OP is specifically asking about exit row seats, and those still may not be available to select in advance, even with a "standard" economy purchase.

OP: Why is it that you "need" exit row seats? Some may be able to offer alternative seating choices if the reason for the need is known.

My husband is 6'6 so when doing a 9 hour transatlantic flight we prefer to pay extra for exit seats at time of booking.

My husband is 6'6 so when doing a 9 hour transatlantic flight we prefer to pay extra for exit seats at time of booking.

As I said before, pay up for the Premium Economy. Guaranteed more legroom. Then, you don't have to rely on getting access to those very, very, few exit row seats that the airline isn't going to just give to you (even for a fee) over loyalty program travelers and those who buy those seats at ticket purchase.

Some airlines reserve those exit aisle seats for their loyal travelers or people willing to pony up extra money.

OP: Why do you require the exit row? If it is for the extra legroom, you should just buy the "premium economy", "Comfort +" , etc. seats that most mainstream airlines offer now. Hoping that you can get one of those 4-6 exit row seats on a flight without elite status on that airline is not realistic anymore, Choice Air or buy normally through the airline...

The airline we plan to use only do economy seats or very expensive business class seats so the necessity for an exit seat. No premium economy option on Aer Lingus. Aer Lingus is only option as they are only airline doing direct flight from Dublin to Miami.

The airline we plan to use only do economy seats or very expensive business class seats so the necessity for an exit seat. No premium economy option on Aer Lingus. Aer Lingus is only option as they are only airline doing direct flight from Dublin to Miami.

AHA!! Now we see. (And for your info, although this route happens to be a non-stop flight, "direct" doesn't mean non-stop)

There are many options for you, but since you have restricted yourself to one carrier, you will have to accept their conditions. Exit seats would be $70 each IF AVAILABLE. Depending on your aircraft, you may find as few as eight exit row seats, and they might be already taken. Also, EI only operates that flight three times a week.

Finally, there are some fare classes that do not allow for seat selection on EI.