Got an offer in the mail from Carnival

ToesntheSand

Got in offer in the mail that if we book by January 31st we will receive a upgrade to platinum for this sailing. We are gold and still have quite a ways to go until platinum. We do plan on booking the Breeze for hopefully this May. Will be nice to have the perk for the cruise instead of paying for FTTF. There are also other perks with this promotion that are good until February 28th. Carnival must really be trying for business with these perks we were given.

That would be a great offer for my DH, I'm platinum already and he's gold at about 40 sea days, so he's still got a little while to go.

If they are offering it and your ready to sail again take them up on it!

I also noticed that one of the offers in the VIFP section on CCL was a one time platinum status. Is CCL this desperate to fill berths that they have to do this? :confused:Evidently so. Sad to see them spiral down so much.:(

PS: As a Platinum cruiser, I'm not upset with CCL giving Platinum away, just that they seem to be that desperate.

Edited by Georgiagolfer
spelling

I also noticed that one of the offers in the VIFP section on CCL was a one time platinum status. Is CCL this desperate to fill berths that they have to do this? :confused:Evidently so. Sad to see them spiral down so much.:(

PS: As a Platinum cruiser, I'm not upset with CCL giving Platinum away, just that they seem to be that desperate.

When they tell us there are too many platinum cruisers to give us guaranteed dining times and than give it away to others that bothers me.

Bigger concern is entertainment being a shell of what it once was

That's not in my VIFP section. All of my "special offers" expired on Dec 31. :confused: They should really update their website!

When they tell us there are too many platinum cruisers to give us guaranteed dining times and than give it away to others that bothers me.

Bigger concern is entertainment being a shell of what it once was

I'm with you on this one....we just got off NCL Sun, and the entertainment was GREAT!!!!!!

I'm with you on this one....we just got off NCL Sun, and the entertainment was GREAT!!!!!!

After our upcoming Glory cruise we will be doing our first Princess and very possibly we are done with Cranival until/unless they upgrade entertainment

After our upcoming Glory cruise we will be doing our first Princess and very possibly we are done with Cranival until/unless they upgrade entertainment

We sailed CCL twice in 2013 and RCI (FOS) in September. Hands down entertainment goes to RCI based on that 1 cruise. DW and I are looking to RCI (Oasis) and NCL (Getaway) for our 2014 cruises. Both are higher than CCL, but seems you get a better experience overall. Haven't salied NCL, but want to try 1 of their newer ships.

Guess it is to each his own because we sailed the Epic this summer and felt the entertainment went to CCL without question. I am on vacation, I don't want to have to schedule every little thing I do. And NCL used the same venue for most of their events which basically made it feel like you were being herded like sheep in and out on a time schedule so they could start the next event.

Of the four of us who sailed NCL this summer, none want to sail NCL again.

I agree that's very annoying. I'm not against FTTF because we get access to our cabin as soon as we board the ship. However, giving one time Platinum status for booking a cruise seems a little "cheap" to me.

Got in offer in the mail that if we book by January 31st we will receive a upgrade to platinum for this sailing. We are gold and still have quite a ways to go until platinum. We do plan on booking the Breeze for hopefully this May. Will be nice to have the perk for the cruise instead of paying for FTTF. There are also other perks with this promotion that are good until February 28th. Carnival must really be trying for business with these perks we were given.

Can you please give me the details of this offer or post a copy of it here? If that's the case, I will book another cruise to get my 10 in this year.

What! I have already booked for next year and was not offered a move to platinum. I don't like this, I don't like this at all. :confused:

Me either. The two I have booked this year puts me at 9. I will gladly book another to get my 10.

More and more they have shown they dont really care about platinum cruisers

I know, but. It's more of a personal quest for me :). What I don't like is that I am sitting at 45 days, where there are people that have 30 days and are platinum. I had planned on getting my cruises in before the deadline, but I lost both parents within a 3 month period over the last 15 months and had to postpone things a bit. Hopefully by the time I reach Platinum, which will be sometime in 2015, they will have a better program in place. Oh well. :rolleyes:

I know, but. It's more of a personal quest for me :). What I don't like is that I am sitting at 45 days, where there are people that have 30 days and are platinum. I had planned on getting my cruises in before the deadline, but I lost both parents within a 3 month period over the last 15 months and had to postpone things a bit. Hopefully by the time I reach Platinum, which will be sometime in 2015, they will have a better program in place. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the loss of both parents, that has to be devestating. Lost my mom last year and still think of her every day.

If people have 30 days and are platinum they were following the old scheme of things and nothing wrong with that.

Bothers me is platinum is not what it used to be and now they are either selling the benefits or just giving them away as marketing ploy.

Sorry for the loss of both parents, that has to be devestating. Lost my mom last year and still think of her every day.

If people have 30 days and are platinum they were following the old scheme of things and nothing wrong with that.

Bothers me is platinum is not what it used to be and now they are either selling the benefits or just giving them away as marketing ploy.

Bothers me also, but not just because they are giving perks away. It bothers me more because I can see CCL is that desperate to lure cruisers. Definitely not the CCL I have loved for 18 cruises.:(

Thank you. :)

We sailed CCL twice in 2013 and RCI (FOS) in September. Hands down entertainment goes to RCI based on that 1 cruise. DW and I are looking to RCI (Oasis) and NCL (Getaway) for our 2014 cruises. Both are higher than CCL, but seems you get a better experience overall. Haven't salied NCL, but want to try 1 of their newer ships.

I just looked at the NCL Getaway for a 2015 E. Carib balcony and it was $849 for 7 days. That didn't seem too much more than CCL. While I think NCL may have better entertainment, I don't know if the food is comparable. Guess it all depends on your priorities.

Edited by 2 cruzen

So is there a code to use when you book??? I am getting ready to book.

I guess I better start reading the mail I get from Carnival!

Relax and enjoy life.

I'd like to know too. I called Carnival guest services today and they told me there was no promotion like this available. I'm cruising on the Fantasy in 17 days and would love to book another cruise and get to Platinum level !

I just looked at the NCL Getaway for a 2015 E. Carib balcony and it was $849 for 7 days. That didn't seem too much more than CCL. While I think NCL may have better entertainment, I don't know if the food is comparable. Guess it all depends on your priorities.

On CCL I may or may not go to steakhouse for one night. Apparently on NCL most people will go to specialty restaurants numerous times on a cruise.

I received an email today about a VIFP "Exclusive Offer". I was hoping someone knew for sure, but I bet that is it. Guess I'll have to call, been waiting for DD1 to know her graduation and RN test dates prior to booking this year.