Still can't believe it!!

vandalayceo

I’m sorry but I need to gloat a little bit.

Got back from a 21 day SE Asian cruise, Nov. 16-great cruise.

Had a mail flyer from Princess,-Japan Grand adventure, 27 days from $2,299 caught my eye. Cruise comprised of three 9 day back to back cruises.

All prices Cdn. $

Checked Princess website, Balcony for the 27 day cruise balcony, $3,899, plus $180 taxes.

Seems like an excellent price, also cost of booking individual 9 day cruises is $5997 plus $180.

Very unusual as have found that normally there is no saving between booking single cruise or combination of BTB’s.

Also non CC price is $8499 plus $180! (more than double CC price!)and basically same price as sum of each of the 3 cruises if non CC. Something is haywire.

Book it.

Now see deal re getaway cruises in January, full cost refunded as future cruise credit.

Book 5 cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale, 23 days, $2295 plus $380 taxes, the $2295 can be applied to my Japan cruise.

Yesterday check prices, price of 27 day Japan is now $6299 plus $180-in line with cost of 3 cruises individually. Some one has wised up.

So now have booked the 5 Jan. getaway cruises for $2675, and 27 day Japan cruise for $4079-$2295 credit=$1781.

Total cost $4456.

Value= $2675 ( 5 Jan. Carib cruises-23 days)

$6479 (27 day Japan cruise)

Total $9154 for 50 days.

My cost $4456

Savings $4698 times 2 ( me and DW)

=$9396!!!!!

Pinch me I’m dreaming!!!

I am amazed! I am not sure which is more stunning... the cost saving or the fact that you can cruise for 3 to 4 weeks at a wack. I can only dream of this!:)

<Nine years to retirement... Nine years to retirement... Nine years to retirement>

Congratulations!

I’m sorry but I need to gloat a little bit.

Got back from a 21 day SE Asian cruise, Nov. 16-great cruise.

Had a mail flyer from Princess,-Japan Grand adventure, 27 days from $2,299 caught my eye. Cruise comprised of three 9 day back to back cruises.

All prices Cdn. $

Checked Princess website, Balcony for the 27 day cruise balcony, $3,899, plus $180 taxes.

Seems like an excellent price, also cost of booking individual 9 day cruises is $5997 plus $180.

Very unusual as have found that normally there is no saving between booking single cruise or combination of BTB’s.

Also non CC price is $8499 plus $180! (more than double CC price!)and basically same price as sum of each of the 3 cruises if non CC. Something is haywire.

Book it.

Now see deal re getaway cruises in January, full cost refunded as future cruise credit.

Book 5 cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale, 23 days, $2295 plus $380 taxes, the $2295 can be applied to my Japan cruise.

Yesterday check prices, price of 27 day Japan is now $6299 plus $180-in line with cost of 3 cruises individually. Some one has wised up.

So now have booked the 5 Jan. getaway cruises for $2675, and 27 day Japan cruise for $4079-$2295 credit=$1781.

Total cost $4456.

Value= $2675 ( 5 Jan. Carib cruises-23 days)

$6479 (27 day Japan cruise)

Total $9154 for 50 days.

My cost $4456

Savings $4698 times 2 ( me and DW)

=$9396!!!!!

Pinch me I’m dreaming!!!

Lucky you! What is "CC price"?

Edited by florida lover

Those mailers have great prices sometimes. BTW, if you ever miss getting one of them, your TA can look up every one of them on Princess' booking engine. All the rules, prices, etc. will be right there for your TA to help you get that next great cruise price.

I'm with Tracie - must be nice to be able to cruise that often! :eek: (Mental note to self: must win Lotto so DH can quit work and actually take more than 1 wk off a year.)

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

All the freeebie cruises are in January and their Japan cruise is November. They'll be able to use the fcc's :)

LOL at Tracie! Counting down are ya?

I know, I really wish I had more vacation time to take, I would do these four day cruises every weekend if I could use that many fcc's up in 2014. I do live in Ft. Laud so it's convenient but I only get four weeks of vacation (I could probably push it to five since my boss rocks)

I should be able to use a couple of them though (really hoping the Feb sailings go on this sale!!) I'm only booked on one freebie cruise in January, but in a suite so very happy! :D That credit will be applied to my Sept cruise, still hoping for another one to use for Thanksgiving!

All the freeebie cruises are in January and their Japan cruise is November. They'll be able to use the fcc's :)

LOL at Tracie! Counting down are ya?

I know, I really wish I had more vacation time to take, I would do these four day cruises every weekend if I could use that many fcc's up in 2014. I do live in Ft. Laud so it's convenient but I only get four weeks of vacation (I could probably push it to five since my boss rocks)

I should be able to use a couple of them though (really hoping the Feb sailings go on this sale!!) I'm only booked on one freebie cruise in January, but in a suite so very happy! :D That credit will be applied to my Sept cruise, still hoping for another one to use for Thanksgiving!

In truth, I love my job, and my boss also rocks! I know this final 9 (well, 8 and a half now) years will go by really quickly. I took this job to complete my final dozen years in my career (that, and I owe the government 12 years of service for a hefty scholarship), and I am amazed these three and a half years have gone so quickly.

I will look forward to the day when I can travel without having to put in for the time, though!:)

I am amazed! I am not sure which is more stunning... the cost saving or the fact that you can cruise for 3 to 4 weeks at a wack. I can only dream of this!:)

<Nine years to retirement... Nine years to retirement... Nine years to retirement>

Congratulations!

Tracie, Ditto. Congrats to the OP who is saving so big. I have 2 years,6 months and 4 days, but who is counting. DH has been retired for the last 4 years (he is 9 years older than me), and keeps telling me to "retire", but need those benefits until I hit 65.

We love to cruise, and are excited about being able to take advantage of these types of last minute deals once I retire. We do have a "bucket list"cruise planned for March 2015 -- 23 day cruise tour going to Machu Picchu and then cruising from Santiago to LA.

Edited by marjack