Triumph Cabin 2445 Photos (June 2009)

• Administrators

I sailed on the Carnival Triumph on June 20, and June 25, 2009 (back to back) and was lucky enough to have Cabin 2445 (Category 1A) for all nine nights. I know that a couple of photos of this cabin or its port-side sister 2444, and maybe one of them from the Liberty, have been posted here, but not recently. I thought it might be good to post some recent photos of this 1A cabin in case someone might find it helpful.

EDITED TO ADD -- Webshots' format change made the links in the original posts invalid -- I have uploaded the photos to a different site, check the last post in this thread, thanks

Entryway from corridor:

2064573610101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

Cabin Views:

2788715180101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

2285975080101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

Drop Down Bed if second person in cabin (don't have one of it down and made up, as this was a solo cruise):

2928883600101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

Storage in closets:

2863918520101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

[Rest of the photos in first reply]

• Administrators

Bathroom views:

2696622170101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

2528978870101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

I thought this was a great cabin for one person -- very roomy, tons of storage, located near the aft elevators, and so on. Probably the only downside is the location during docking and sailing maneuvers -- it can be very noisy. In fact, this is the location where the tugs push the vessel in New York City to line up with the pier -- here's the view from my bed at 6:50 AM the last morning:

2957786370101795198S500x500Q85.jpg

(I actually thought that was pretty darned neat, but it might bother some folks so wanted to mention it).

Hope this is helpful to somebody. Feel free to post any questions about the cabin -- I'll do a review of the cruises and ports in another post.

MichellP,

Those are great photos. I think that room was almost as spacious as our balcony. I saw them pushing the Miracle when it left port on Thursday and the pilot leaving our ship when we left NY, that was cool too.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you at our meet and greet.

Janice

My daughter and I are in that cabin on one of our cruises and in 2444 on our other cruise. So happy to see recent pictures. Never been in a cabin like this before. Can you use the back elevator to get to the dinning room and lido? Did you dine in the london or paris dinning room? I've heard about the noise when porting, but what about the vibration when sailing? Anything else you can think to tell me about that cabin would be great. The pictures are wonderful.

Jody

• Administrators
MichellP,

Those are great photos. I think that room was almost as spacious as our balcony. I saw them pushing the Miracle when it left port on Thursday and the pilot leaving our ship when we left NY, that was cool too.

Sorry I didn't get to meet you at our meet and greet.

Janice

I'm sorry I missed it too, Janice -- it conflicted with trivia! I had to try to win a ship on a stick -- missed it by one question, too, darn it! :)

• Administrators
My daughter and I are in that cabin on one of our cruises and in 2444 on our other cruise. So happy to see recent pictures. Never been in a cabin like this before. Can you use the back elevator to get to the dinning room and lido? Did you dine in the london or paris dinning room? I've heard about the noise when porting, but what about the vibration when sailing? Anything else you can think to tell me about that cabin would be great. The pictures are wonderful.

Jody

I had both the Paris and London dining rooms, one on each cruise. Yes, the aft elevator takes you to the Paris dining room (decks 3 or 4), but for London you have to walk up to the next elevator bank or go to deck 5 and walk more mid-ships and go down to London (the galley is between the 2 dining rooms and blocks the way on decks 3 and 4). The aft elevator goes straight to my favorite part of the lido deck, the aft lido area with the grill and pizzeria -- you can also reach the main lido from there but have to walk through the South Beach buffet area.

I only noticed vibration when sailing on one night -- the night when we were going from Saint John to Halifax, and the captain had to kick the speed up a notch. That night my cabin had significant vibration -- I had to go on a "rattle hunt" with tape, wash cloths, and wadded up paper to wedge a few doors (and the lamp on the headboard of the bed -- you can see my creation in one of the photos, actually) to stop the rattling. Once I did that it was okay, but it was still definitely more vibration than at any other time during the 9 days.

Glad you enjoyed the photos -- not sure I have much more to say about the cabin unless you have more questions -- watch out for the shower temps (see my review post for more information on that). Hope you have a great cruise -- this cabin is a great bargain, in my opinion.

• Administrators
so this cabin only has one bed and a convertible sofa?

The sofa (more of a loveseat -- about 3.5 feet long) is not convertible. The cabin has one single bed and one drop down from the ceiling bunk-type bed (the ladder for it is over by the closets).

on most of the other ships these 1As were changed to 6Bs now.

Do you think that will happen with this class ship.?

Thanks for the information regarding the 2nd bed.

• Administrators
on most of the other ships these 1As were changed to 6Bs now.

Do you think that will happen with this class ship.?

Thanks for the information regarding the 2nd bed.

I don't see how it can be, Serene -- there's just no way in that space to put together 2 beds to make one, which is why many of the former 1As were reclassified (2 people could share a bed in them) -- the space is long, but too narrow for a double/queen bed in any configuration. I'd think that would mean that virtually no couples/lovers and (I hope, for their sake! :D) NO honeymooners would have an interest in this cabin. Basically, this is a cabin for a single traveler, or for two travelers who "can't/won't" sleep together. I tend to think this one will remain an "odd man" cabin. If not, I'm still glad I got to sail in her -- it was a lot of fun. :)

For anyone who's been on the Triumph - do all the closets have that formation? I'm used to the 3 or 4 shelves in the closet with the safe - we use those to put our jeans, shorts, and to put all the kids folded clothes on - without shelves it's going to be a bit inconvenient (as we are not going to hang up all our kids' little clothes, and they don't fit in the desk drawers. I may need to change my packing strategy if this is what we'll be dealing with in our cabin.

For anyone who's been on the Triumph - do all the closets have that formation? I'm used to the 3 or 4 shelves in the closet with the safe - we use those to put our jeans, shorts, and to put all the kids folded clothes on - without shelves it's going to be a bit inconvenient (as we are not going to hang up all our kids' little clothes, and they don't fit in the desk drawers. I may need to change my packing strategy if this is what we'll be dealing with in our cabin.

We've been on the Triumph 3 times and I don't remember the safe being in the closet....That closet should have shelves in it I believe, maybe no shelves because it's a 1A.....Dennis

We've been on the Triumph 3 times and I don't remember the safe being in the closet....That closet should have shelves in it I believe, maybe no shelves because it's a 1A..I'm glad they are moving it to New Orleans because it's on a 6 hour drive from where I live...Dennis

The closet in my balcony room had shelves and the safe was in the closet. The lifejackets were on the shelves, but you can move them around.

Hope this helps,

Janice

I don't see how it can be, Serene -- there's just no way in that space to put together 2 beds to make one, which is why many of the former 1As were reclassified (2 people could share a bed in them) -- the space is long, but too narrow for a double/queen bed in any configuration. I'd think that would mean that virtually no couples/lovers and (I hope, for their sake! :D) NO honeymooners would have an interest in this cabin. Basically, this is a cabin for a single traveler, or for two travelers who "can't/won't" sleep together. I tend to think this one will remain an "odd man" cabin. If not, I'm still glad I got to sail in her -- it was a lot of fun. :)

what is the difference in the space between this ship and the Conquest class ships? (i thought they were the same)

• Administrators
what is the difference in the space between this ship and the Conquest class ships? (i thought they were the same)

Now that one I can't answer, since I've not sailed one of the Conquest class ships. Maybe someone who has sailed both will see this and can elaborate.

I've sailed on the Victory (sister ship to the Triumph) and the Conquest. What specifically are you asking? Conquest class ships have a supper club, but that is about the only difference.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
Thanks to all for the discussion on this issue on this thread. :) I did just want to add for the OP that smoking is not permitted on balconies in the Cloud 9 spa area on Carnival (which may not be an issue, but I couldn't tell which ship or category you have booked).

Have a great cruise all!

Host Michell! Greetings! i am a member of CC, t2roscoe on the Carnival Triumph (2nd time) october 12 to 17, and guess what? i am in cabin 2445! :-D i saw your review on the same; however, when i click the link to view the pictures, they are not there/accessible. so. do you still have them? also. hearing that noise from docking, etc are heard and seems to be under the dining room. any infomation would be good. i live right by the port in galveston. you can reach me at t2roscoe at comcast dot net or i am on the CC carnival 12 October 2013 Thread. Thanks in advance for any information. tank

• Administrators
Host Michell! Greetings! i am a member of CC, t2roscoe on the Carnival Triumph (2nd time) october 12 to 17, and guess what? i am in cabin 2445! :-D i saw your review on the same; however, when i click the link to view the pictures, they are not there/accessible. so. do you still have them? also. hearing that noise from docking, etc are heard and seems to be under the dining room. any infomation would be good. i live right by the port in galveston. you can reach me at t2roscoe at comcast dot net or i am on the CC carnival 12 October 2013 Thread. Thanks in advance for any information. tank

Hi! Yes, those old photos were hosted on webshots, which changed formats and caused many, many broken links here at CC and elsewhere. I just uploaded those photos to Photobucket -- http://s148.photobucket.com/user/michellp/library/Carnival%20Triumph%202009%20Cabin -- and I'm going to move your question and my reply to my old thread about cabin 2445. Thanks for reminding me to do this!

Archived