Just arrived Ft Lauderdale.

Kathie13

Where should we eat a casual dinner? Staying at Hampton Inn downtown. Have a car. Also a close drug store (cvs or Walgreens).

Thanks so much.

Trip advisor is usually pretty accurate , assuming you have an electronic device with you!

Trip advisor is usually pretty accurate , assuming you have an electronic device with you!

Well, they aren't on Trip Advisor, they are on Cruise Critic.

To the OP, you are VERY near Las Olas which has some of the best dining in Fort Lauderdale.

Casual Las Olas:

Cheesecake Factory

Tilted Kilt

Big City Tavern

Sweet Nectar

Louie Bossi

Roccos Tacos

Sushi Rock

Thursdays

Around the corner from you in Himmarshee Village:

Public House

Tarpon Bend

Rok Brgr

Taco Craft

Sushi Song

Even better, The Las Olas Food & Wine Festival is tonight and they've already shut down all of Las Olas. Lots of food, wine, live music, and just a fun evening. Great people watching.

http://lasolaswff.com/

Where should we eat a casual dinner? Staying at Hampton Inn downtown. Have a car. Also a close drug store (cvs or Walgreens).

Thanks so much.

There is a CVS on the corner of Broward and Federal right around the corner from you.

Thanks. Ended up at Gilbert's 17th St Grill. Best burgers!! DS had a blue cheese stuffed burger. Saw it on trip advisor & highly recommend for a fast good precruise meal. The fancy stuff needs to wait for the ship! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a CVS on the corner of Broward and Federal right around the corner from you.

It was a simple suggestion to the OP, nothing more. It's too bad you chose to twist it and take it to a different level.

Plus I believe I've read TA and CC have some type of partnership!

Well, they aren't on Trip Advisor, they are on Cruise Critic.

To the OP, you are VERY near Las Olas which has some of the best dining in Fort Lauderdale.

Casual Las Olas:

Cheesecake Factory

Tilted Kilt

Big City Tavern

Sweet Nectar

Louie Bossi

Roccos Tacos

Sushi Rock

Thursdays

Around the corner from you in Himmarshee Village:

Public House

Tarpon Bend

Rok Brgr

Taco Craft

Sushi Song

Even better, The Las Olas Food & Wine Festival is tonight and they've already shut down all of Las Olas. Lots of food, wine, live music, and just a fun evening. Great people watching.

http://lasolaswff.com/

Wrong quote on last post , this is what I actually wanted

It was a simple suggestion to the OP, nothing more. It's too bad you chose to twist it and take it to a different level.

Plus I believe I've read TA and CC have some type of partnership!

My point was she was on Cruise Critic not trip advisor and asked for dining suggestions.

Your dining suggestion was to go to trip adviser.

There were much better restaurants much closer to the OP than Gilberts.

Edited by BlueHerons

My point was she was on Cruise Critic not trip advisor and asked for dining suggestions.

Your dining suggestion was to go to trip adviser.

There were much better restaurants much closer to the OP than Gilberts.

Just a thought quite possible by checking other's like TA, OP might have gotten to see a variety of reviews from travelers.

CC is really good if people are on-line and the topic interests them and is followed?

Just a thought quite possible by checking other's like TA, OP might have gotten to see a variety of reviews from travelers.

CC is really good if people are on-line and the topic interests them and is followed?

Trip Advisor is a joke in Fort Lauderdale.

The number one rated restaurant is a cooking school.

Not a restaurant.

There are much better foodie forums than trip advisor.

We happened upon Las Olas a couple weeks ago and were so blown away by the good places to eat after having eaten at Gilbert's [emoji19] the last couple years (due to staying nearby) but this time we won the Riverside on HW so had the opportunity to try new places. We enjoyed the most awesome meatball sandwich at Noodles Panini during brunch

All the restaurants looked good! Even the eating place at our hotel was delicious. Can't wait to go back to Las Olas. Loved the Italian bakery, too, P'ane Dolce

Edited by 4cats4me

We happened upon Las Olas a couple weeks ago and were so blown away by the good places to eat after having eaten at Gilbert's [emoji19] the last couple years (due to staying nearby) but this time we won the Riverside on HW so had the opportunity to try new places. We enjoyed the most awesome meatball sandwich at Noodles Panini during brunch

All the restaurants looked good! Even the eating place at our hotel was delicious. Can't wait to go back to Las Olas. Loved the Italian bakery, too, P'ane Dolce

Gran Forno is AMAZING!! OMG!

Walk down to the actual bakery between 12th & 13th Streets and eat there. They also have a restaurant attached to the Riverside Hotel but I think the bakery is a little better.

They start baking about 4am and they are very close to my house so I wake up every morning smelling their fresh bread.

Can we talk about their chocolate croissants? They always sell out before I can get there.

They just took over their third storefront to expand the bakery.

When my husband's restaurant sells out of their bread (they bake everything in house), they buy from Gran Forno.

Yelp is what most of the locals use for dining reviews in Ft Lauderdale. Gilberts gets 4.5 out of 5 stars. Their food is very good but there is no ambiance.

By the way a cool burger joint is QBar Burgers and Blues, where you can enjoy a variety of burgers, live blues band every night after 8, a great selection of craft beers on tap, and great happy hour drink specials....it's easy to get to if you have a car, and it's only about 2 miles from Doubletree Gallery One. Don't expect great service though. Piola Italian restaurant next door has very good food and is very inexpensive too.

Yelp is what most of the locals use for dining reviews in Ft Lauderdale. Gilberts gets 4.5 out of 5 stars. Their food is very good but there is no ambiance.

By the way a cool burger joint is QBar Burgers and Blues, where you can enjoy a variety of burgers, live blues band every night after 8, a great selection of craft beers on tap, and great happy hour drink specials....it's easy to get to if you have a car, and it's only about 2 miles from Doubletree Gallery One. Don't expect great service though. Piola Italian restaurant next door has very good food and is very inexpensive too.

I'm so excited that B Burger Bar is opening next door to Sweet Nectar! From my understanding on of the Jays from TooJays is a partner.

Mike said they are in the restaurant all the time.

I'm so excited that B Burger Bar is opening next door to Sweet Nectar! From my understanding on of the Jays from TooJays is a partner.

Mike said they are in the restaurant all the time.

I hope it's great! I like the more casual vibe that Las Olas is becoming.