Royal Caribbean Wedding Question

My sister is planning on doing the Royal Devotions package (symbolic ceremony) on the Explorer of the Seas. She is being told that she has no input as to when/where the ceremony will take place. She is understanding of this, however, she is also being told that there is no way for them to tell her when this will occur until after she embarks. Is this standard practice? It seems crazy that they cannot give you at least a few weeks advance notice to allow for planning. What if they schedule the ceremony in the middle of a port day where everyone has booked excursions?

Thanks so much for your input!

I think they do this to discourage people from choosing this package!! But yes they will not tell you until you are cruising. You might want to check when you cruise is close to sailing and see if they will tell you! maybe 30 days prior to sailing?

lets see what prior brides say!

I think it is standard practice across most of the cruise lines. We wanted to be married at-sea, which Carnival doesn't do, so we signed the paperwork before we left and booked a vow renwal. They also said we could not choose time or date, but they did narrow it down for us, by telling us it would only be on sea days (there were 3) and not on sea days with formal nights, which narrowed it to the second and last sea days.

Could they provide further information like this for her?

I spoke to someone today, and they really didn't narrow it down. I kind of had to narrow it down myself. We are going on a 5 night cruise to Bermuda, and the symbolic ceremonies cannot be held on the first day or formal nights so that eliminates nights one and two. Days 3 and 4 are in Bermuda and they charge the same for the symbolic as legal ones on port days so we don't want that. The only day left is the last sea day so that is what we are trying to get. It works out, but we still have a year and a half to see what happens.

I spoke to someone today, and they really didn't narrow it down. I kind of had to narrow it down myself. We are going on a 5 night cruise to Bermuda, and the symbolic ceremonies cannot be held on the first day or formal nights so that eliminates nights one and two. Days 3 and 4 are in Bermuda and they charge the same for the symbolic as legal ones on port days so we don't want that. The only day left is the last sea day so that is what we are trying to get. It works out, but we still have a year and a half to see what happens.

I misunderstood - I thought they told you that date. Your logic makes sense. You would imagine they should be able to do it at some point that day rather than in port. We'll see when it gets closer. So excited!

Hi

I recently booked the renewed romance package with royal (similar except does not include pictures) for our 10 year wedding renewal in March 2014.

They will not tell me until the first day what day we renew.

She told me they don't do it on day 1 and on port days. So basically it falls on the 2 sea days we have. When I submitted my contract I requested for the first sea day and they said they will do the best they can. I also asked around the time they usually do them, she told me early afternoon around 3:30p. I was ok with this because we chose to renew our vows in a cruise so we didn't have to worry about all the details, just have fun with our closest family and friends for 5 days rather than 4 hours :)

The only reason I want the first sea day is so I can enjoy all the food and drinks after I fit into my dress :)

Hope this helped

Gisela

Archived