Cabin Above Oceaneers Club

Cruisingranny

Can anyone tell me if this cabin will have a problem with noise from the deck below? We are on Deck 6, Cabin 6085 and I've since noticed that it is directly above the Oceaneers Club. How badly does the sound travel and should I be concerned about changing cabins? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Noise from above the club won't be a big problem because most of the time, the kids aren't even in there. They might be doing something on deck or a tour, but don't have a cabin right above the Buena Vista Theater, as that is loud. Also, consider going up to deck 7, as staterooms are both above and below you, that is where we were both cruises on the wonder.

It is more important to be concerned with what is located above you than below you. For instance, if you are under one of the nightclubs, you can get the squeaking/scratching of chairs, dancing feet, the sound of the bass guitar and the drums. But, DCL does a good job of soundproofing the danceclubs - I was in a stateroom directly below them and the rhythmic sound of the drums was more restful than disruptive for me. Plus, the Disney nightclubs tend to get quiet earlier than other cruise lines. A dining room or the kitchen is another facility that can be loud at off hours. Also, avoid being across the hall to the laundry room, which can also be loud.

I wouldn't really worry about moving staterooms if you have staterooms directly above you. People are pretty good about not jumping up and down in their stateroom - other than a few kiddos dancing for joy!

Best Regards,

Julia

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry it took so long to thank both of you for your comments. I accidentally posted this question twice and I was answering the other one. I just noticed this one on here too.

I appreciate the input and I will just go and enjoy my cruise. I can't wait to go.

Archived