Most Adventurous Zip Line Maui or Kauai????

lgwilson

I'm on Pride of America April 11th. In looking at our excursion options, we could choose a couple of different zip line adventures. We would like the biggest bang for our buck :) We are fit and very active. We also want the most adventurous zip line available. Can anyone give us advise on which one? Which ones you've been on, what was scenery like and adventure like and duration of the zipping? Thank you!

http://adventureinhawaii.com/kauai_zipline.htm

Here is the link for what I've found in Hawaii...after doing some research it seems like there is better zipline opportunities in Kauai so that is where we're going to be doing it.

We don't go until next February so I can't say what they are like, but there are a couple different ones to choose from and they look pretty adventurous. Hope this helps

We went on POA in November and spent the first whole day in Kauai @ Kauai Backcountry Adventures (Booked w/ adventureinhawaii.com). The zipline was probably the most memorable & fun trip we did through the entire cruise. It was my first time zipping so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but we have a blast! The area is lush countryside with a view of beautiful mountains/waterfalls, and river running below--just amazingly beautiful! It is the same area that "Tropic Thunder" was filmed at. We spent the entire day there and also did the "tubing the ditch" with them, which was also fantastic! I highly, highly recommend Kauai Backcountry Adventures. I can't comment on Maui ziplines, however.

We are booked for the Kauai Backcountry Zip line. We leave on Feb 5th, for a 15 day cruise. When we return I will post how it went for us. We did a Zipline in Ketchikan Alaska which we found amazing. We could not resist doing this one too. We heard that this one was the best in Hawaii. We will let you know....

The Kauai zipline for our Princess cruise in March was waitlisted, so I went ahead and booked the one in Maui. However after looking online at pictures from both places I decided the Kauai one looked like it had better zips and scenery.

I went direct to the website for Backcountry Adventures in Kauai and was able to book thru them for $65 less pp than the cruise's excursion. Of course I do have to pay for the 10 min taxi ride back and forth to the port.

If you search haleakala zipline and kauai backcountry adventures you can look at both sites/pictures and that may help you decide.

I'm sure from the reviews though, that they are both fun!

Believe the zipline at Princeville Ranch was the one highlighted on the final "dates" on the Bachelor "officer & gentleman" hike, dip and zip.

That's the one the everyone on Kauai recommends. We've been to Kauai 3 yrs in a row that that's the one we'll do next year (since DH has been too chicken up till then)

Great info thank you so much! I will look into the backcountry adventures and also - on the Princeville one is that the name of the company that does zip lines? I just wasn't real clear on that.

And YES please tell us how it went when you get back!

lgwilson...if you click on the link that I posted...it brings up 4 or 5 different zip options. The first one is called the zip n dip at Princeville Ranch. They give a pretty good description of each one, but to me...that one looked like the most adventurous (and most fun). If you go all the way to the bottom they have info for cruise line passengers (so you know which timing would work for you, etc).

Good luck with choosing!!!

Rent a car for the day to take you to Princeville Ranch for the zip, then... if time permits, travel a bit farther north to Hanaleigh Bay... love it there. Great place to try your hand at a surf lesson. If you go, you must say "hi" to Bob at Hawaiian Adventures. They also rent out boards there very reasonable.

Have a great day. Can't wait to return to our favorite (3 trips in 3 years so far) island, Kauai.

carolyn

We have booked the Princeville Ranch Zip and Dip on March 12. We are renting a car. Our tour is at Noon and is 4 1/2 hr long. I am very excited about this one. After a lot of research and reading on this board, this one sounds the most fun. I will be writing a review when we get back.

Archived