Breakaway Port - Soda and Water with Luggage Tags

js

Can anyone please tell me if they have put through a case of water as well as Coke with luggage tags on them at the Breakaway Port.

My dd/ds drink lots of water and my dh and mother do the same with Diet Coke.

Thanks so much!

Can anyone please tell me if they have put through a case of water as well as Coke with luggage tags on them at the Breakaway Port.

My dd/ds drink lots of water and my dh and mother do the same with Diet Coke.

Thanks so much!

I didn't but when I was handing my bags to the porter I saw a big cart that had cases of bottled water and Coke with luggage tags attached to them.

I put my bottled water and Coke in a duffle bag with a luggage tag on it.

I didn't but when I was handing my bags to the porter I saw a big cart that had cases of bottled water and Coke with luggage tags attached to them.

Thank you very much!

I appreciate your help!

I do the same thing as Slice. The one time I tried to slap a luggage tag on a case of water it never made it to my cabin :( This was on the NCL Dawn out of NY :eek:

I put a luggage tag on my case of bottled water and it was fine.

Soda I just lugged on my carry on.

Last time around on the Breakaway I just put my water and soda in the luggage. Bad idea as somehow one of the cans had a leak and caused a small flood in my suitcase. Otherwise it was fine ...

Last time around on the Breakaway I just put my water and soda in the luggage. Bad idea as somehow one of the cans had a leak and caused a small flood in my suitcase. Otherwise it was fine ...

Ours did the same thing, one can burst and had a nice sticky carryon lol.... guess it wanted a shower....

This may seem like a dumb question, but please forgive it as I'm a first-time cruiser preparing for my Breakaway voyage. (Guess I have time, since it's 260 days away... not that I'm counting... LOL)

So you can put a luggage tag on a case of water and have it delivered? I ask because, honestly, the ONLY thing I'm at all nervous about regarding my cruise (I'll be traveling solo) is the whole check in process. No idea how it works and I just envision myself doing something wrong and screwing myself up! LOL

Richard/Tralfie

This may seem like a dumb question, but please forgive it as I'm a first-time cruiser preparing for my Breakaway voyage. (Guess I have time, since it's 260 days away... not that I'm counting... LOL)

So you can put a luggage tag on a case of water and have it delivered? I ask because, honestly, the ONLY thing I'm at all nervous about regarding my cruise (I'll be traveling solo) is the whole check in process. No idea how it works and I just envision myself doing something wrong and screwing myself up! LOL

Richard/Tralfie

Don't be nervous. The check in process is SO easy. Just have your edocs, your passport and a credit card to keep on file for any added expenses you may decide to have ( ex. specialty dinning if you have not already booked online ahead of time, or souvenirs you purchase on board....etc ) . They will check you in and give you your key card and off you go to have the TIME OF YOUR LIFE :).

I have not brought water or soda on board myself, but we see lots of people that do it. One tip I have read many times is when you print the tag you should fix it to your luggage or water with clear packing tape so it doesn't get ripped or come off.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise....the waiting is the hardest part :D

• 2 weeks later...

We bring a case of water and two 12 pack cans of coke. We just use clear packing tape to put them all together. Criss-cross the tape so it is really secure. Then we put luggage tags on the top and two sides. Send it on with your luggage at the pier and it will be send to your room. So easy.

I do the same thing as Slice. The one time I tried to slap a luggage tag on a case of water it never made it to my cabin :( This was on the NCL Dawn out of NY :eek:

i know a family that put tags on a case of water on Freedom of the seas and it arrived in their cabin

• 3 weeks later...

I read recently that ncl wants it carried on when you check in now-I used to slap a ticket on it and check it w/my checked luggage both out of ny and Miami-10 years going and always received it-also usually pick some up in port days and carried it back on ship and never had any problems-like I said I think they want it carried on now ????-new rule ?????

We have both put luggage tag on case of soda, and also have put in duffle bag.

Some sodas were taken out of the case (but it did arrive in cabin)

One can was very very close to busting in the duffle bag-very narrow escape

We aren't really sure which works better. We have never carried it on

Safe sailing

I brought a case of water at the NY port w a luggage tag. The case of water made it to my room before any luggage did lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Great to hear. Ill be on Breakaway tomorrow and my group is bringing water and Coke. Thanks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Just a thought... seal it in a kitchen trash bag before putting it in your suitcase. Then use the bag for dirty clothes after you unpack.

Archived