Why doesnt Carnival cruise to Bermuda more?

khrivnak

Just wondering. I'm poking around trying to figure out where to go on our next cruise and when we search Bermuda, I dont see many cruises there. Is there a reason Carnival only goes there a couple times a year? Is that not a good destination?

Just wondering. I'm poking around trying to figure out where to go on our next cruise and when we search Bermuda, I dont see many cruises there. Is there a reason Carnival only goes there a couple times a year? Is that not a good destination?

NCL, Celebrity and RCI have priority contracts and there are only 2 berths for larger ships.

RCCL and Celebrity cruise out of NJ and NCL/Breakaway cruise out of Manhattan.

Have done all three and all three were wonderful. Since the Breakaway is brand new and has tons to do on board (and was less expensive) believe it or not....I suggest you check it out. GREAT TIME

if you do get a chance to book a cruise to Bermuda you should. it is a great cruise. luckily i went on a Bermuda cruise on the pride for spring break a few years back(just happened to fall in the dates my kids were off school). it is my favorite cruise so far. i liked being there for 3 days and you could come and go at any time of the day or night. the island was beautiful, and everyone on the island were very friendly.

Im sold. Bermuda it is. What's the best time of year to book a Bermuda trip? We love tropical weather. High 80s. We're coming from the snowy mountains of PA and have friends that cruise with us coming from Maine.

We have been there:

April....freezing water...beautiful climate

May...very cold water.....beautiful climate

June....chilly water......warmer beautiful cllimate

Most people will argue that June water is ok....NO ONE on our cruise was in the water *maybe* just hit a bad, cold year.

September....AMAZING....bathwater....climate wonderful.

EVERY YEAR IS DIFFERENT

We have been there:

April....freezing water...beautiful climate

May...very cold water.....beautiful climate

June....chilly water......warmer beautiful cllimate

Most people will argue that June water is ok....NO ONE on our cruise was in the water *maybe* just hit a bad, cold year.

September....AMAZING....bathwater....climate wonderful.

EVERY YEAR IS DIFFERENT

We went there late June this year. The water was fine. We had a great beach time, and took some pink sand back:rolleyes:.

I sailed from NYC to Bermuda in September 2012 and the weather was awful. Rained for sail away, rained all the way there, rained most of the time in Bermuda, and rained all the way back.

I sailed to Bermuda the first week of August many years ago and it was absolutely gorgeous.

Do NOT miss out on a cruise to Bermuda.

If possible, I would consider sailing in January or February. Not sure if those months are an option, but if they are I would recommend them. Not too busy and good weather, maybe some occasional light rain during sea days. I think we only had one day were it was overcast and we had light rain for about an hour while at sea. The rest of the cruise was magnificent! But we were sailing to Mexico.

If possible, I would consider sailing in January or February. Not sure if those months are an option, but if they are I would recommend them. Not too busy and good weather, maybe some occasional light rain during sea days. I think we only had one day were it was overcast and we had light rain for about an hour while at sea. The rest of the cruise was magnificent! But we were sailing to Mexico.

:confused:

Edited by champagne123
jjjj

We LOVE Bermuda - so beautiful and the people are so friendly - not at all pushy like some islands.

We always go in early July - Temps in the 80's - water is warm. Not usually a lot of trouble with Tropical Storms or Hurricanes, but we have been there twice as TS Daniel and TS Bertha passed close by - interesting.

We stay there, but I've been there 2 times on a cruise. Using the ship as a hotel is great. But 3 days isn't enough for us! ;)

When you think of Bermuda weather, think the Carolinas. Bermuda is not in the Caribbean - it's in the Atlantic. It can get into the 50s and be damp in the winter. It doesn't snow, though :) It's good if you like to golf or play tennis, but not good if you want to lay on the beach - although they can get warm days.

I also love Bermuda, and have been there twice on land vacations, but never on a cruise. I would love to go there on a cruise, and spend at least two, but preferably three days there.

They have excellent transportation, be it water taxi or bus.

When I was there in July it was unusually for Bermuda cool and water in harbor and off the beaches very choppy, and when I was there in October, the weather was beautiful, swam in the hotel pool, and loved the beaches, but found the sea too cold to venture into. There is so much to see and do in Bermuda other than swim in the sea though. For people who love history, soooo much to see and learn there. The place is clean, and friendly.

I also wish that Carnival did more sailings to Bermuda.

Edited by SMSACE6

I was surprised at your statement that there are not many Carnival cruises to Bermuda, so I did a search on my preferred TA site. You're right, there are only three in the next 18 months! However, there are lots on Royal Caribbean, from both Baltimore and NY. You might want to consider one of those. I second the motion that Bermuda is a wonderful cruise.

I also looked into Carnival to Bermuda....as you can see I had to jump ship to NCL for Bermuda :p

I checked out NCL. LOVE the Breakaway pics/reviews. A bit of a sticker shock on the price after sailing Carnival. I may be following your lead for my Bermuda cruise tho. The more I look into that ship, the more I like it!!

Those months are really outside the 'season' for Bermuda cruises...they port there regularly from late April through late September. Cruises may stop there for one day as part of longer itineraries but to stay more than one day you need to plan for spring and summer.

Bermuda cruises are for only a few months out of the year, I think May to October maybe?? The weather there is similar to the Carolina's. Summer months are better for swimming. We went in May on the Breakaway and it is a nice ship. Bermuda cruises tend to cost more. Beautiful island. We've been twice and would go again. :)

debbie

Bermuda is a beautiful cruise destination. Because the country is located directly east of North Carolina their cruise season only lasts between early May and early October. The other factor regarding Bermuda is the fact that only two cruise ships can dock at the Royal Naval Dockyard at a time and the Government Of Bermuda has strict guidelines regarding the amount of cruise passengers who can visit at any given time. At one time years ago smaller cruise ships visited there at the Hamilton port which is located east of the Royal Naval Dockyard. That dock could only accommodate smaller cruise ships because larger ones couldn't navigate in the small channel that leads to the Hamilton pier. A sailboat excursion operator explained to me in August that the government realizes that they couldn't handle the crowds if more than two ships were visiting at the same time.

From Bermuda? Because otherwise this comment is completely irrelevant to the OP, because Bermuda isn't anywhere near Mexico.

I checked out NCL. LOVE the Breakaway pics/reviews. A bit of a sticker shock on the price after sailing Carnival. I may be following your lead for my Bermuda cruise tho. The more I look into that ship, the more I like it!!

I've found Bermuda cruises to be a bit more expensive than Caribbean cruises, in general, regardless of the line. Supply and demand!

Im sold. Bermuda it is. What's the best time of year to book a Bermuda trip? We love tropical weather. High 80s. We're coming from the snowy mountains of PA and have friends that cruise with us coming from Maine.
I would recommend the Celebrity Summit on the 8/30/15 sailing. It's Sunday-Sunday and you're off the next day for Labor Day. Insides are 749 + taxes, but OV are 899 and balconies are 1149. With either of the last 2 categories, you get the free included alcoholic drinks package which also includes espresso based coffee drinks, fresh squeezed juices and bottled water. It's the 1-2-3 Go Promotion.