Poll; will your next booking be with NCL?

Will your next booking be with NCL?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. Will your next booking be with NCL?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • Unsure!

What the executives of NCL are really curious about.. and what they won't tell:

Plain and simple, with all the recent changes, the bottom line:

Will your next booking be with NCL?

Let's see if there's any impact on the future bookings!

Poll result discussing only please, let the other threads have the glory. :)

Unsure. I have three cruises booked with NCL and have never sailed them before so I will have a better idea after the first one in three weeks.

I'm not real happy about how they are handling the food situation but I will keep an open mind.

Ive said No , because I only booked the Epic because of the Solo cabins and solo lounge (the price was quite expensive) I booked a long time ago and since I booked Ive experienced 2 cruises with MSC and I really enjoyed these and feel that for the price I paid for them MSC are much better value for what I got as a solo cruiser the all inclusive drinks package alone is half the cost of the NCL package .

That said if NCL offered an amazing cheap price for a cruise I would consider it, but it would have to be an amazingly low price . Since I booked NCL have changed so many things and increased the costs so I no longer trust them .

Must note, folks can vote either way in the poll, but we really don't know if they will follow through with how they voted, only NCL knows that. Kind of like when Celebrity changed their loyalty club and so many posters said they weren't cruising with them anymore. Well, they are still cruise and posting.

I voted no - but I do have 2 cruises booked already with NCL and will not/can not cancel them. My next booking will probably be with Carnival since I just received a free cruise offer from them. For some reason, CAS isn't mailing me the freebies that they used to, so Carnival it likely is for the next booking. Beyond that, I'm waiting to see how the changes affect me once I'm on board in January before making any further decisions.

Must note, folks can vote either way in the poll, but we really don't know if they will follow through with how they voted, only NCL knows that. Kind of like when Celebrity changed their loyalty club and so many posters said they weren't cruising with them anymore. Well, they are still cruise and posting.

Should have ticked the box saying; show people's vote. ;)

Good point, but hopefully a poll gives direction to all the feelings and opinions posted the last few days.

I voted unsure as I now feel (more) attracted to other lines.

I voted unsure. I am currently booked on the Escape but well outside the cancel period. right now unfortunately no other ship has all that we would like to have on it sailing that same week. Thanks Carnival for chartering out the Breeze :mad:

But Divina has an overnight in San Juan that looks attractive.

I voted YES. We save a lot cruising out of NYC because we can drive there. We don't use room service and we've never carried food out of a restaurant on a cruise. We LOVE freestyle with more casual clothes and anytime dining. NCL is still the best deal out there for us.

Voted unsure...

Booked on the Star in 2016, purposely did not book another, even though I wanted to to take advantage of the last promo...Will wait and see how things work out for us on our next cruise and what other changes we might have to deal with...Still think NCL is a value, not crazy how they released (or not) the new changes...

Voted yes

I have 2017 already booked, I could not pass up the last promo.

The rates were reasonable. It was cheaper for the same category of the Dawn trip I just disembarked from.

Am I worried things will really change in the next two years?

Short answer: No. Life is to short to worry. Any vacation away from the normal hustle and bustle of everyday life is better than no vacation.

I'm unsure but not because of any of the changes that people are complaining about. We just pay attention to what is available when we want to go. There is no reason I would not book NCL.

I have a cruise booked on the Jade for February 2017.

I might possibly go on a cruise before that. And I'm open to all my options. I still love NCL but there are always chances and opportunities out there for other cruises.

This will be our last planned cruise. Previously on the Epic two years ago.

We are cruising In the Haven. We budget 5k yearly for our annual bucket list vacation.

Next year will be the Grand Canyon. Overnight mule ride and three days rafting.

We're not sure , we have 2 booked with another line simply because we got a good deal. I wanted to cruise this July as well but prices are way too high :( We may have to give up cruising altogether :( nothing seems very affordable anymore to this blue collar worker :(

I voted unsure. Before all the changes started being made I would have voted a definite yes. We have cruised 12 times in the last 4 years with NCL all in the Garden Villa. I was definitely a NCL cheerleader. This hasn't turned me totally away from NCL but I have started researching Royal Caribbean to see what they offer in the suite department. We take our employees on cruises annually as a part of an incentive program. Will definitely price other lines this year. You don't know what's out there until you look.

No.

We have one NCL booking (for Oct 2016) and we will wait until just before final payment on that one to decide whether or not to cancel. It is in a suite, 3 of us. The fare for the first 2 is low, the third is free. We have UDP included for all 3, UBP for 2, gratuities included for 2, and some OBC. NCL is not going to earn much from us on that cruise, and most of the changes announced so far will not affect us all that much because we are in a suite.

But I will not knowingly put myself in the position of being aggravated several times a day by nonsensical rules. And I will not spend my time arguing with crew members, guest services, and officers about policies I think are absurd. So my current intention is to take that cruise already booked unless other changes come along that affect us more than the ones already announced. The not-yet confirmed removal of Cagney's from the UDP would be one change for example that would cause us to cancel.

Regardless of whether we take that cruise or not, there will be no more. We have enjoyed all our previous NCL cruises. But we have sailed 3 other lines multiple times and have enjoyed all of those too. It's too easy to just move on, and that is what we will do.

I voted unsure not because of the policies but because I'm pretty much doing NCL this year for 2 weeks and 3 weeks for next year. So maybe for 2017, I might just go on another cruise line for different change of pace / taste or if there's a good fare for the time period I want from NCL, then I book that instead.