Breakfast at Holiday Inn Port of Miami

eng4

When we stayed there a bit ago, we went across the street to Bayside Mall and had a full breakfast for $7.00 while enjoying a water view. There are 2 or 3 restaurants there that open early.
Better than fighting the crowds on a cruise day at HI. They offered a typical buffet. Someone else can give you current pricing. Edited by eandj

I am interested in the answer to this as well.

I have read on some hotel review sites that the buffet breakfast is in the vicinity of 13 to 14 dollars, but is quite good. The thing for me is, that I am not a big eater in the morning, yet do like something light. What I would like to know is if you can order ala carte, ie; bagel, or muffin and a coffee. I have not been able to find this out. No one ever mentions that in their reviews, they only talk about the buffet.

I know about accross the street, but on check out day I would rather just grab a quick bite, and check out early.

Any info would be appreciated.:)

There used to be a couple of coffee shops/bagel places down on NE 2nd St. just past the CVS that in the past were open on Saturdays. Not sure if any are open on Sundays or what their hours are. Some of the office buildings along NE 3rd have small kiosks that serve pastries and coffee but may not be open on weekends. But you'll probably find closer places in Bayside's food court. You may wish to check out early but getting to the port cruise terminal before 10:30A means you'll be waiting a long time and may not be allowed into the terminal for a time. So grabbing something at Bay side around 8 A or even 9A and then coming back and checking out doesn't really inconvenience you.

A block away on Biscayne Blvd is the Biscayne Tavern which had a really good breakfast buffet when we were there in October 2013.

We've also had breakfast at Tradewinds at Bayside which was relatively inexpensive and pretty good. That's also on the water which is nice.

[quote name='SMSACE6']I am interested in the answer to this as well.

I have read on some hotel review sites that the buffet breakfast is in the vicinity of 13 to 14 dollars, but is quite good. The thing for me is, that I am not a big eater in the morning, yet do like something light. What I would like to know is if you can order ala carte, ie; bagel, or muffin and a coffee. I have not been able to find this out. No one ever mentions that in their reviews, they only talk about the buffet.

I know about accross the street, but on check out day I would rather just grab a quick bite, and check out early.

Any info would be appreciated.:)[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you can do a continental version. Another option is pick up a sweet roll or whatever the night before and have it with coffee in the room .
The restaurant really gets busy on big ship days. Too the lobby area is crazy congested with post cruise folks arriving with bags while others are waiting to leave. It's very relaxing to leave your bags in the room, go across the street for a coffee and bite. We purposely don't go back to get our bags till 11. We like to avoid those anxious pushy people. Edited by eandj

Thanks Crewsweeper and eandj. All good suggestions. My issue is a slight mobility problem. I am just a bit slow moving. I will be at Hol Inn Pom for two nights pre cruise, so first morning am definitely going to check out a cafe nearby (cafe papillon looks good), or across the street. On check out day, I usually try to leave by about 10am, and I dont mind waiting to check in or board, and expect it. I usually eat dont eat much in the early morning, so probably best for me to do the muffin/granola bar in room with coffee. Thanks for the tips:)

I am perhaps one of those anxious (but definitely not pushy) people. LOL. Edited by SMSACE6