Which Room to Book Now? -- Allure of the Seas

We have never sailed Royal Caribbean, but have sailed Disney, and Carnival twice.

This trip is special for us as it is our honeymoon trip! We have decided to take a 7 Day Cruise aboard Allure of the Seas as we have always wanted to try one of the big boats!

However, we have a slight dilemma. We are still planning the wedding and wedding budget and finding the places to splurge and the places to save. I have shown my fiancé all the different staterooms options on the Allure and she really only has two she would consider. Of course, her first choice is an Ocean View Balcony Room but the fare for two is over $3k. She was not at all interested in a Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony. Her other thoughts were if the wedding budget didn't allow for us to spend $3k on just the fare, we would just drop down to an interior stateroom on deck 9 or above (she gets seasick quite easily with rocking and shaking, so she prefers a higher deck) to save money, as the fare is just a hair over $2k. Which allows for us a larger amount of spending money for the trip.

This leads me our question... We want to go ahead and book a room now to get things underway. There are more balcony rooms above deck 9 than there are interior rooms, but I would imagine the balcony rooms are more in demand. Which of the rooms would you book now? Our goal is a balcony room, but willing to drop down to an interior room if need be. Would we be better off booking our first choice, a balcony or booking the interior since the are in shorter supply?

Thank you in advance!

(she gets seasick quite easily with rocking and shaking, so she prefers a higher deck)

Just a note that the higher you go, the more motion. If you want to minimize motion, go to the lowest deck, closest to the middle of the ship.

Because our trip isn't until July 2016 -- If we go ahead and book the Ocean View Balcony, as long as we "downgrade" to the interior (if need be, again I plan on doing whatever we can to stay at the balcony, but she is a penny-pincher) before the 75 days required for a cancelation on a 7 night cruise will there be any penalty?

Because our trip isn't until July 2016 -- If we go ahead and book the Ocean View Balcony, as long as we "downgrade" to the interior (if need be, again I plan on doing whatever we can to stay at the balcony, but she is a penny-pincher) before the 75 days required for a cancelation on a 7 night cruise will there be any penalty?

No, if you are booking under US/Canadian rules, you can change staterooms and even cancel before final payment date with no penalty.

Avoid an interior cabin if at all possible...take the lowest deck balcony you can mid-aft location (also don't forget the Boardwalk balcony cabins at the very aft the last ones have some great views and are usually a good price point)..and watch the prices as things can change quickly. Up until final payment you can get any lower prices that may come...so become as OCD as possible with checking the rates...it will pay in the long run...and remember keep checking your location too..you can call RCI and easily change catagory locations if you see a better location available. Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon.

Edited by Ashland

Oceanview balcony + over the counter meclizine = happy honeymoon On any deck.

We are not wealthy people so we scrimp and pinch and save to splurge on cruises. I love to sit on our balcony and watch the ocean go by. In our opinion worth every penny.

Would we be better off booking our first choice, a balcony or booking the interior since the are in shorter supply?

If you are really worried about the cost, I would book the interior at the lower price, and if a cheaper balcony comes up later, you can upgrade. You can't downgrade after final payment, which is when they usually decrease the prices.

Royal supposedly not discounting late anymore but I'm not sure I believe them.

If you would be disappointed without a balcony, then book that, because you may not be able to get a deal later.

Edited by marci22