seattle---priceline/hotwire/or on your own???

dustyroad

what to do---what to do?????

i will be staying in seattle for the first time for only one night and want to get in a couple ''must do sights'''. i have read that priceline has a very large section for its areas in seattle. we want to be as close to the aquairium as possible, so i am wondering if i should just book on my own for a specific hotel or bid and take a chance on the location. i dont want to take the chance of being way out there for a room but i also want to save a some money. maybe i will ''toss a coin'''. i know someone out there has had the same delema on this subject??

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

dustyroad--you may also want to check out the website www.seeseattle.com. Click on the box in the center that say hotel deals. This website is part of the Seattle visitors bureau and they offer very good deals in the off season. If it is for next year they probably don't have the pricing yet but you could at least get an idea by using dates for this year instead. Good luck.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

If you do priceline check out bidding for travel to check some prices. I just bid for a room near the airport in May and got the Doubletree for $32. ($40 with taxes and fees). I know this isnt where you want to stay, but saw the prices for around the time I wanted to go and gave it a shot. There are lots of SEA hotels shown there with what rates were accepted.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Ryndam Pacific Coastal May 3

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;17;21;30;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Dawn Princess Alaska May 17

thanks for the great links. i have made up my mind to definetly book on my own with a hotel i choose myself. this way i know i will be happy with were i get a room. and the links are great for good prices. i can tell already that i am going to have a great time on this cruise. it is so nice to have such wonderful helpers to give you good advice and tips. once again thanks alot.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

If you haven't booked, I live in Seattle, if you book the downtown Seattle area you will be relatively close to the aquarium and everything else in downtown Seattle. If you book at least a 3* hotel I would expect that you would end up in the middle of the downtown area, relatively close to the Pike Place Market.

You are correct that the Priceline zone for Downtown Seattle is quite large.

As of this writing (things are subject to change) the 4* hotels on Priceline in the Downtown area are 'safe' and close to where most tourists want to be. Once you get into 3* and below you risk being away from Pike Market and closer to the Needle and less desirable.

If you're looking for 3* or lower in this area Hotwire is a good option since they divide the Downtown area into two zones: 1) Pike Place and 2) Space Needle.. so it's easy to ensure you'll be in the desired area you'd like.

-thereuare

<font size="3">BetterBidding</font>

thanks for the reply.

i have never been to seattle so i think it is going to be a

''stumper'' for me. i am picky about the location because of our time factor to be there. so i will sacrifice and pay a little more to be happy. now it is just the process of picking the right one. we wont have a whole day for sightseeing so we have to be close. the search continues.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

If you choose the downtown pike place market zone on Hotwire, the only 4 star hotel with a pool is the Sheraton. If that is offered, it is a great hotel very centrally located.

Dusty,

You should not be afraid to bid for a Seattle hotel in the downtown area. There is bus system that you can utilize and most hotels are within walking distance to all of the sites.

I booked the Red Lion on 5th (3***) for $51 per night for 6/25 and 6/26 on Hotwire. It is very centrally located and you will find that hotels downtown can be expensive.

I have been eyeing the 9/7/05 Spirit sailing. They have great single person pricing. Did you decide not to wait for the CC Critic group? I won't be able to travel in May/June because we decided the Med was calling. If they decide on late August/September I will consider it. The second group that is planning for July/August will most likely be too expensive icon_frown.gif

Good luck!

Carnival Miracle 11/07/04

Jewel of the Seas 11/20/04 - Thanksgiving Journey on the Jewel

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=47

Brilliance of the Seas 6/5/05 - Mediterranean

http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=51

Palms_in_the_sun.gif

Dusty,

I meant to include this link in my last post. You can move your curser around to move the map.

Have fun

http://www.seattle.worldweb.com/Maps/mapviewer.html

Palms_in_the_sun.gif

LEtue

thanks for the great site. it is really good and will come in handy. i am really getting in this hotel surfing and trying to get the best deal. it keeps me busy and i can keep working on my cruise plans by investigating icon_wink.gif.

a very dear friend who is retiring in late sept wanted to cruise her whole life. she was so envious of my trip last sept, i decided to take the same trip next may. i am as excited as the first time. my 3rd cruise will be something different and i would like to go with the group then. i had planned to go with all of you this time, but she comes first this time. and i will be able to do some new tours this time.

have a great time on your next cruise and thanks again.

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Dusty,

Hey, you're welcome and have a great trip! As I said I am contemplating the Spirit for a 9/7/05 sailing myself icon_wink.gif The group cruise sounds like so much fun but for solo fares it's hard to beat Carnival.

Linda

Palms_in_the_sun.gif

LEtue

the spirit was my first cruise experience so i cannot compare her to other ships but i was so impressed with the ship and staff i will not regrett being on her again. the food was superb, and i did not notice any unclean or damaged parts of the ship. you wont be sorry to sail on her and the glacier bay is awesome. have you been to vancouver before. i loved this city and hope i can spend more time there next may. there are so many things to do and see. go to www.bcpassport.com and you can bring up all kinds of things to do. i will do a cc group i promise just not this next time. it sounds so fun and i would like to meet everyone. have a fun time. icon_biggrin.gif

DUSTY

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Thanks for the link! I haven't been to Vancouver before and I would like to visit. Haven't been to Alaska yet either so both will be awesome.

Have a great trip!

Linda

Palms_in_the_sun.gif

Archived