Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Special Interest Cruising > World Cruising

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

World Cruising A place for world and extended length cruisers to share advice and experiences.

Old July 18th, 2013, 03:20 AM
5,000+ Club

Default Shore Excursions

The Shore Excursions for Cunard's World Voyages are now available for booking. I was very surprised that there were so few offered at each port. Some ports have a fair number but many only have about 5 - New York City only has 3! For those who have been on a world cruise or segment.... Do they ever add excursions in the months before the cruise?
Is this small number of excursions normal for a world voyage?
Raffaello - 1968
MV Three Gorges - 1988
Atlas - 1995
Olympic - 1996
Constellation - 2005
Disney Fantasy - 2012
Queen Elizabeth - World Voyage 2014

World Voyage Blog - kathisworldvoyage.blogspot.com

Last edited by Scrapnana; July 18th, 2013 at 03:21 AM.

Old July 18th, 2013, 05:24 AM
50,000+ Club

For Cunard I would ask this on the Cunard board as well as most people have not even discovered this board yet.

We cruise on a different cruise line and about ten months before the start of the world cruise the shore excursion information is added but for some ports the information is augmented later on as additional shore excursions are finalized.

In some cases you may see few excursions because it is the end or start of a new segment, or because the list has not been finalized.

Keith

Old July 18th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

I'm on one of Cunard's world voyages too. I was very pleased that the excursions opened up yesterday too. I couldn't understand why Cunard waits even this long to open the excursions. Most other world cruises seem show their excursions shortly after offering the cruise.

I too was a little surprised at the small amount of offering for some of the ports. Maybe if they were offering to many, they would not meet their head count for the tour company to make any money.

My 2 cents.

Don