Whats allowed

Hi guys could you tell me if you are alowed to take any drink on board the Thomson Spirit we have cruised with a number of companies and each have differant rules, some allow a bottle of wine each but others do not allow anything could you tell me the situation with Thomsons

Hi guys could you tell me if you are alowed to take any drink on board the Thomson Spirit we have cruised with a number of companies and each have differant rules, some allow a bottle of wine each but others do not allow anything could you tell me the situation with Thomsons

Firstly, Thomson change their minds on a regular basis, and I am sure that someone just back from a recent cruise will fill you in.

Flip flops are a no no

Firstly, Thomson change their minds on a regular basis, and I am sure that someone just back from a recent cruise will fill you in.

Flip flops are a no no

no they dont,they did it briefly once on the dream about 2-3 years ago

Well they have always done it when we have been on in the past, last time was Feb & Oct last year on the Dream, we found in the Caribbean they sold the tax free drinks in the shop and you took them back to your cabin, in the Med we purchased from Gib and the shop when in Tangiers and had no problems getting them on board and yes we did declare them when returning to the ship, obviously they do not condone drinking your purchases in public places but they are fine within your cabin and yes again we did confirm at reception if this was ok. However it could have all changed this year!! fortunately all of our booked cruises this year are all inclusive I will report back but our first is not until May perhaps someone else will confirm how they are working now.

Roger;)

But they did.

simples

only once on one ship for either 1 or two weeks years ago is a lot different to

"Firstly, Thomson change their minds on a regular basis, and I am sure that someone just back from a recent cruise will fill you in."

I seriously doubt that P&O Lynn Knickers (think the name says it all) has ever sailed on a Thomson cruise as her advice always seem out of date or anti-Thomson!!!!!

exactly, unless you can give an accurate answer to a question its a bit daft replying, it does not help the person who asked and only leads to confusion, we all like to try and help each other but sometimes silence is golden.

I seriously doubt that P&O Lynn Knickers (think the name says it all) has ever sailed on a Thomson cruise as her advice always seem out of date or anti-Thomson!!!!!

I have cruised with RCCL, carnival, HAL, princess, P&O, Royal olympic, Louis, NCL and have done budget cruises on Sun Cruises (Airtours) and also last minute on Thomson.

I have cruised I think eight times on Thomson alone, beginning with the emerald, back in the day.

Lots of cruises overall on different lines, with RCCL being my favourite.

They have all been wonderful except for one cruise, which was on P&O Oceana.

My cruises and my vast cruise experience have been well documented on this forum, as many people look for advice and my go to approach is fantastic as I like helping people.

Am going to cruise on Fred, and hopefully Cunard in the future.

Any other questions darling ?

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is great

Yes, they are very good at allowing this. We've never had a problem purchasing from the onboard duty free shop, or buying ashore and taking it back onboard for consumption in our cabin.

They did try stopping it an an experiement for a couple of weeks in the Caribbean early last year but it didn't go down very well, so they allowed it again very quickly.

I'm not aware of them changing their minds all the time, as we've never had a problem, and it was fairly well documented on FB when they did the experiment early last year and haven't seeny any other reports of them suspending their policy before or after that!

I have cruised with RCCL, carnival, HAL, princess, P&O, Royal olympic, Louis, NCL and have done budget cruises on Sun Cruises (Airtours) and also last minute on Thomson.

I have cruised I think eight times on Thomson alone, beginning with the emerald, back in the day.

Lots of cruises overall on different lines, with RCCL being my favourite.

They have all been wonderful except for one cruise, which was on P&O Oceana.

My cruises and my vast cruise experience have been well documented on this forum, as many people look for advice and my go to approach is fantastic as I like helping people.

Am going to cruise on Fred, and hopefully Cunard in the future.

Any other questions darling ?

Yes, I have a question for you, though not who you posted the challenge to.

With your experience of so many cruise lines, exactly how many nights at sea and ports of call have you experienced? Number of cruises count for nothing with me;it's much more than that, as experienced cruisers know.

I think I know your name from another forum way back when!

exactly, unless you can give an accurate answer to a question its a bit daft replying, it does not help the person who asked and only leads to confusion, we all like to try and help each other but sometimes silence is golden.

Just ignore the trolls & daft answers - you can block people on here so you don't have to read any of their comments (or failing that just ignore them) it's worth doing - makes it a much more peaceful site......

Edited by Julessmiles

Flip flops are a no no?

Flip flops are not suitable to wear on cruise ships, or any public place for that matter

Baggers - don't feed the trolls - think they have already ravished enough going on past posts I have read! ;) ;)

Yes, totally agree.

Lynn loves smiles

Hi all

I have recently registered on this site and did think it was to help and answer fellow cruisers questions 'neilm' asked what I thought to be a reasonable question which I and others attempted to answer with our past experiences, he or she must be very disappointed with the response:confused:

Hi all

he or she must be very disappointed with the response:

agree with You pensioncruiser,

Most on here are very helpful and polite, however there are a minority who have agendas, which is sad i suppose.

Welcome to cruise critic pensioncruiser, and ask away.

Lynn is lovely and SMILES

Just ignore the trolls & daft answers - you can block people on here so you don't have to read any of their comments (or failing that just ignore them) it's worth doing - makes it a much more peaceful site......

Blocking trolls is a wonderful thing but unfortunately since doing this I have to sign in every time I want to just browse. I've also noticed this week that there are a couple of other sites they invade. Just wish people would stop feeding them.:eek:

after an outpouring of indignation! all booze confiscations were stopped after a week (never to reappear) this happened in march 2013 in the middle of my cruise!:(

turned into a bit of a a PR disaster for thomsons

see this thread

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1815886

Sorry, that was my mistake. I thought it was March 2014, but you're right it was March 2013!

wish people would stop feeding them.:eek:

Sorry Skion, guess I'm an offender here - I won't react to certain peoples posts in future (but will continue to be annoyed privately lol).

Edited by campolady