Port of Seattle launches free airport luggage service

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

West Coast Departures

Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, San Francisco, Vancouver
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:38 PM.
Riverside, CA
973 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Here are the forms from Holland America.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jim

==============================================
7-Day Mexico - NCL Star
December 21, 2018

==============================================
Future Cruise(s):
NCL Star (SB) - December 2018 - Mexican Riviera

Cruises Completed:
Eurodam (PS) - July 2017 - Glacier Bay Alaska
Crown Princes (S3) - December 2015 - 8-Day Mexican Riviera
NCL Star (SB) - December 2014 - Mexican Riviera
NCL Jewel (S3)- December 2013 - Western Caribbean
HAL Westerdam (SC)- July 2012 - Glacier Bay Alaska
NCL Star (AB now SC) - December 2010 - Mexican Riviera
Carnival Paradise (GS) - October 2009 - Encinada Mexico
Monarch of the Seas (OS) - October 2008 - Encinada Mexico
Golden Princess (VS) - December 2007 - Mexican Riviera
Monarch of the Seas (GS) - August 2007 - Encinada Mexico
Pacific Northwest
1,854 Posts
Joined Mar 2004
Interesting. I don't know when you got those forms but our forms clearly stated that you must depart between 7:30 and 7:45 AM. In fact the departure times for Port Seattle passengers were listed at 7:30 and 7:45, there were no times after that. We talked with passengers on board who were not using the program because of the early required departures.
Cincinnati. OH-Go Reds
5,615 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Originally posted by JudithLynne
Interesting. I don't know when you got those forms but our forms clearly stated that you must depart between 7:30 and 7:45 AM. In fact the departure times for Port Seattle passengers were listed at 7:30 and 7:45, there were no times after that. We talked with passengers on board who were not using the program because of the early required departures.
I just got off Emerald Princess last week and used the program. My form stated that US customs requires you to be off the ship NLT 0830 if you are using port valet program. We used it and still did not get off ship until 9:10. Emerald was backed up getting people off
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
776 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Curious how this works with United as I get 2 free bags, do you fill out a form with frequent flyer # ? Wondering if anyone has done the same? What did you do with carry on's for your day in Seattle?
WA state
2,864 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by dvond
Curious how this works with United as I get 2 free bags, do you fill out a form with frequent flyer # ? Wondering if anyone has done the same? What did you do with carry on's for your day in Seattle?
You take your carry on bags with you just as you would on any other trip. If you purchase a transfer to the airport from the cruise line or from some other company, then you will take your carry on bags with you just as you would with any other trip. The bags that you check through the Port Valet program you will pick up at the luggage carousel at your final destination airport.

Tom
Cincinnati. OH-Go Reds
5,615 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Originally posted by dvond
You put your frequent flier number on the form. You won't be charged for bags if you have status with United. The port pays the transportation fees to the airport. It worked very well. My bags were picked up outside stateroom at 10:15 and I received an email from Delta that they had arrived at airport at 10:55pm. The next day I received another email telling me bags had been loaded onto my flight
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
United States
748 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Thanks for sharing this information. I was beginning to think I should make other plans but we are also flying Delta home as you did but getting off a Royal Caribbean ship. Still need confirmation that Royal is allowing this program.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

776 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by AF-1
You put your frequent flier number on the form. You won't be charged for bags if you have status with United. The port pays the transportation fees to the airport. It worked very well. My bags were picked up outside stateroom at 10:15 and I received an email from Delta that they had arrived at airport at 10:55pm. The next day I received another email telling me bags had been loaded onto my flight

thnks!
Midwest
147 Posts
Joined May 2017
Does the Port Valet service work for NCL? I can find a list of the airlines at the Port Valet link but not Cruise lines.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
WA state
2,864 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by smm0218
Does the Port Valet service work for NCL? I can find a list of the airlines at the Port Valet link but not Cruise lines.
I know of at least one cruise line that, while the program is available for their participation, it has not so far, at least to the best of my knowledge, has not joined with the program. That line is not NCL. You would have to check with either the Seattle Port Commission on NCL themselves to see if they are participating. If you do find out, please post it here so others will know also.

Tom
14 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Used the service last week (8/4/2017) with Royal Caribbean. Worked GREAT. At my home airport, I was crossing my fingers my bags would appear and they did. I have to say, this made life so easy!
United States
748 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Great to hear. Can you post details on how RCCL handled your request? Did they understand what you were asking for? Were all the plans made while on the ship?

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

14 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Originally posted by ransrider
Great to hear. Can you post details on how RCCL handled your request? Did they understand what you were asking for? Were all the plans made while on the ship?

Sure! It was so easy.

The forms arrived in our stateroom on evening. (I believe it was Saturday or Sunday night.) I did not need to request them. They needed to be filled out by 10:00 am on Tuesday (our cruise ended Friday morning).

They refer to it as the "luggage valet program" and everyone in guest services seemed to be aware of it.

The form required your flight confirmation number, flight number, and the airport code of your final destination. My mom and I were sharing a stateroom and had the same final destination. HOWEVER, we had different confirmation numbers for our flight. So I went to guest services and got a second form.

It clearly states what times flights need to depart to qualify for the service. We flew Southwest and the flight could leave no earlier than 3:00 pm.

An envelope arrived the night before departure. It contained our luggage tags and boarding passes. We secured the luggage tags to our bags and put them in the hallway. The day of departure, we carried off our carryon luggage and prayed our bags would be waiting at home.

They were!

RCCL made this very easy. Like I said, I didn't even need to request the forms. They just showed up.
United States
748 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Originally posted by Lemon Tea
Sure! It was so easy.

The forms arrived in our stateroom on evening. (I believe it was Saturday or Sunday night.) I did not need to request them. They needed to be filled out by 10:00 am on Tuesday (our cruise ended Friday morning).

They refer to it as the "luggage valet program" and everyone in guest services seemed to be aware of it.

The form required your flight confirmation number, flight number, and the airport code of your final destination. My mom and I were sharing a stateroom and had the same final destination. HOWEVER, we had different confirmation numbers for our flight. So I went to guest services and got a second form.

It clearly states what times flights need to depart to qualify for the service. We flew Southwest and the flight could leave no earlier than 3:00 pm.

An envelope arrived the night before departure. It contained our luggage tags and boarding passes. We secured the luggage tags to our bags and put them in the hallway. The day of departure, we carried off our carryon luggage and prayed our bags would be waiting at home.

They were!

RCCL made this very easy. Like I said, I didn't even need to request the forms. They just showed up.
Thanks so much for this information. Great to hear RCCL was in the know. Did you mean to say the forms needed to be filled out Tuesday for your Friday debarkation (3 days in advance)? Thanks for clarifying. I am cruising with my sister and her flight will be to a different state than mine so we will also need 2 forms. We just make the 3:00 cutoff. Hope the airline doesn't make any changes to our flight now.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

14 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Did you mean to say the forms needed to be filled out Tuesday for your Friday debarkation (3 days in advance)?
Yes! The forms must be completed by Tuesday for a Friday debarkation. They make that very clear. You simply drop your forms off at guest services.
United States
748 Posts
Joined Jun 2014
Originally posted by Lemon Tea
Yes! The forms must be completed by Tuesday for a Friday debarkation. They make that very clear. You simply drop your forms off at guest services.
Sorry, one more question: Did RCCL also print your flight boarding passes for you? Thanks for the help. I will share your comments with our Roll Call.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

14 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Sorry, one more question: Did RCCL also print your flight boarding passes for you? Thanks for the help. I will share your comments with our Roll Call.
They did! The boarding passes and luggage tags arrived in an envelope the night before departure.

Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm happy to help. I learned so much from these boards before we cruised; I'm thrilled to pay it back.
100 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Hello. The luggage valet is only for check in baggage? How about carry on? My flight is not until a later time. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature