How to book for dolphins and zip lines NOT through the cruise ship?

Correia_Cruiser

This is our 4th cruise, this time with kids that want to do different things. :) We have a group that wants to do swimming with dolphins/turtles, and another that wants to do zip lining/physcial excursions.

I checked with a company online that books excursions (since I know it's WAY more expensive to wait to do it through the cruise ship), and one company told me that Carnival contracts with only ONE excursion company, and no other excursion companies are "allowed" to take reservations for cruise ship passengers. This doesn't sound accurate to me.

Can anyone give some advice? We're doing the Cabo/PV/Mazatlan trip in June.

P.S. I also read about a "Dolphinclusive" tour that looked AMAZING, especially for the price... but again, I was told that one was "not available to cruise ship passengers." :( http://www.vallarta (dash) adventures (.com) /tours/dolphins/dolphin-swim-all-inclusive-package

Vallarta Adventures is a primary excursion provider to the cruise industry in Vallarta. Under the terms of those contracts, Vallarta Adventures and third-party excursion brokers are not allowed to sell VA excursions direct to cruise ship passengers if the ship sells the excursion. The Marigalante Pirate Ship has a simular contract with Carnival.

There is nothing that would prevent you from booking an excursion independently so long as it isn't one listed above.

A popular zip line excursion used heavily by cruise passengers is Los Veranos http://www.canopytours-vallarta.com There are a few more companies.

There is another dolphin interaction facility at Aquaventuras Park.

You can book direct with these companies or through a third-party tour broker such as puertovallartatours.net

As with all independently booked excursions, transportation to/from the excursion office/site is on you. While Vallarta has an outstanding public transportation system, the thought of using it is a little overwhelming for some people.

Cabo Adventures has the same contracts with the cruise industry for Cabo San Lucas along with the same restrictions.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers