IAH to Galveston transfers

Mommy oooo

Hello,

Everything seems to be Hobby to Galveston.

We sail Sunday, February 14, 2016 but we arrive in Houston on Wednesday, February 10. The Galveston Express only runs the shuttle service Thursday- Monday. We will fly home that following Sunday so we will do the one way coming back with them.

I just need suggestions for that Wednesday. Ideally we would like to make our way to Galveston on Wednesday.

How much is a cab, super shuttle etc.

There are other shuttle and limo services. This one for example http://www.galvestonlimousineservice.com. Do a search for "Galveston" and you should find old threads.

Super shuttle prices are available on their website.

Would you perhaps like to have a car while in Galveston? I would if I werethere for a few days. If so, price out one way rentals by Avis or Budget from IAH to Texas City, TX (about 20 minutes from pier). Drive car down and enjoy the lovely island. On departure day, return car to Texas City agency, and have them shuttle you to port for $50 for whole party (or you could drop off bags and most of party and just send one person to return car...still $50 unless you find somebody from roll call to share ride to port).

Edited by Starry Eyes

Hello,

Everything seems to be Hobby to Galveston.

We sail Sunday, February 14, 2016 but we arrive in Houston on Wednesday, February 10. The Galveston Express only runs the shuttle service Thursday- Monday. We will fly home that following Sunday so we will do the one way coming back with them.

I just need suggestions for that Wednesday. Ideally we would like to make our way to Galveston on Wednesday.

How much is a cab, super shuttle etc.

Have you spoken/emailed them as I had a similar situation and they couldn't have been more helpful. Our return to IAH was a non cruise day but they're transferring us. I can't recommend them enough. Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you both. I'm going to start making plans this summer for next February. First choice is definitley the Galveston Express.

Just used Galveston Express to/from the port to the airport (IAH) the service was just super. Keith, the owner stated he will meet any cruise that comes in scheduled day off or not.