Back to Back Cruises

Liz

I'm a first-time B2B cruiser with a few questions that I have not seen yet.

If I purchase a wine package on cruise #1 and do not drink all of the wine, can I carry-over the remaining bottles to cruise #2?

On turnaround day, can I disembark early to spend time touring?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Liz

We have done 5 B2Bs and have been able to "carry over" our wine package on each one but I would ask that question when purchasing the package.

Each B2B was handled differently as far as check in for the next leg but we were able to get off the ship to do some sightseeing. You should receive instructions delivered to your cabin regarding the process for your cruise.

Have a great cruise!:D

Sherri:)

If you are going to tour on the turn around day make sure when you get your new SeaPass that you tell them you want a "in transit"pass.This allows you to get off of the ship early.If you get stuck waiting in line to get off [behind all that are debarking]just show the pass to one of the crew and you will be able to bypass the lines.

Would like to know the answer to the wine package also. Someone, please!!

I called the Crown and Anchor Club earlier today.

Yes, we can officially "carry over" remaining wine or water bottles - purchased on the first cruise - to include the second cruise on a BTB. Although I thought that would be the answer, I double checked to make sure.

The only possible problem "might" occur if there is a change of cabin # between the two cruises and if your wine is being kept for use in the dining room. However, even that's not supposed to be a problem . Nevertheless, if you do change cabins, you might want to inform the dining room staff near the end of the first cruise; so that they can re label your wine bottles with the correct cabin number for the next leg of your trip.

Botton line: Wine, water and juice packages purchased for Cruise #1 can be consumed during the entire BTB cruise.

Although I'm keeping the same cabin myself, I don't plan to book a wine package until I'm on board. I want to see what wines are really being offered on my particular cruise. Although they are listed on the web site, not all the wines are on board every ship for every trip. So if you are booking a package for a specific wine, you might want to wait to get on board to make sure that particular wine is available on your cruise.

Meanwhile, I did already book my water package. So I won't have to worry about that for the entire BTB.

Liz

I'm a first-time B2B cruiser with a few questions that I have not seen yet.

If I purchase a wine package on cruise #1 and do not drink all of the wine, can I carry-over the remaining bottles to cruise #2?

On turnaround day, can I disembark early to spend time touring?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Liz

Are you staying in the same Cabin? If you are you will not have a problem.

We did a B2B on Oasis last summer. We did in fact have a problem with the wine package even though we were told it would not be an issue. Make sure you tell the head waiter on the first and last nights that you are B2B and have a wine package so that they are well aware of your situation. It took alot of haggling to get this straightened out, especially since on the second leg the waiters and head waiters change positions and you are not guaranteed to have the same staff.

if you tell the head waiter about the wine package s/he should be able to set it up with the cellar master...i've done it several times...

ONCE, though i had to choose my wines for the 2nd leg so they could do inventory..no biggie, as they said that i could swap them later if i wanted...didn't matter, i always drink one of 2 things...(also tell the MDR manager if need be....)

We did a B2B on Oasis last summer. We did in fact have a problem with the wine package even though we were told it would not be an issue. Make sure you tell the head waiter on the first and last nights that you are B2B and have a wine package so that they are well aware of your situation. It took alot of haggling to get this straightened out, especially since on the second leg the waiters and head waiters change positions and you are not guaranteed to have the same staff.

Thank you

I called the Crown and Anchor Club earlier today.

Yes, we can officially "carry over" remaining wine or water bottles - purchased on the first cruise - to include the second cruise on a BTB. Although I thought that would be the answer, I double checked to make sure.

The only possible problem "might" occur if there is a change of cabin # between the two cruises and if your wine is being kept for use in the dining room. However, even that's not supposed to be a problem . Nevertheless, if you do change cabins, you might want to inform the dining room staff near the end of the first cruise; so that they can re label your wine bottles with the correct cabin number for the next leg of your trip.

Botton line: Wine, water and juice packages purchased for Cruise #1 can be consumed during the entire BTB cruise.

Although I'm keeping the same cabin myself, I don't plan to book a wine package until I'm on board. I want to see what wines are really being offered on my particular cruise. Although they are listed on the web site, not all the wines are on board every ship for every trip. So if you are booking a package for a specific wine, you might want to wait to get on board to make sure that particular wine is available on your cruise.

Meanwhile, I did already book my water package. So I won't have to worry about that for the entire BTB.

Liz

Thank you for taking the time to call.

Archived