Windstar Panama Canal Costa Rica Cruise - good fit for retired Seniors?

FB1710

My husband and I took the Panama Canal Costa Rico cruise last April, right before the Wind Spirit departed for Tahiti. This was our 5th Wind Star cruise, and I feel strongly that Wind Star is an excellent choice for seniors. The transit of the Panama Canal was so incredibly fascinating, and Costa Rica was beautiful. You can do as much or as little as you like or are physically up to on Wind Star cruises. Keep in mind that Costa Rica, especially along the coast, is very hot and humid. However, the ocean is a delight to be in and we spent hours playing in the water off the sports platform. Do it!!!

I think the Panama Canal is an outstanding cruise. We went with the Wind Star and loved it. They had an unbelievably interesting guide throughout the passage, she was fascinating, I was out on the deck the entire day listening to her. Going under the Bridge of the Americas and seeing the most amazing optical illusion was tremendous. The passage going through on a small ship, being so close to the water line was great. We loved it. Read about the canal before, I read the McCullough book think the title was Between two Seas. We adore Costa Rica great people, vistas, beaches, animals, great country and especially beautiful to cruise around. Relaxing, intellectually stimulating, fun this cruise has it all. Go for it!

Happy sailing Susanne