Aristocrat day sails

ilandlvr

I was wondering about these day sails. Anyone have any experience? I'm interested in visiting Jost Van Dyke and sailing around the islands. However one tours offers a sail to Norman and Peter Island. Which would you choose? Also do you get a lot of time at Jost Van Dyke?

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I sailed to Norman Island with Aristocat on Jan 16th and it was one of our favorite tours, we would highly recommend them. Where to go depends on what you like to do. Based on my research, if you like to sail and snorkel from a boat, I believe Norman Island is your best bet. We made three stops around the island and snorkeled from the boat at each. Our full day sail included an excellent lunch and lasted about 7 hours. There were a total of 8 people on our tour. If you like a nice beach with a bar but not so great snorkeling, then you would probably like JVD or Peter Island.

We just sailed with Aristocat on Jan 31. We sailed on the Lionheart. She is beautiful. We met Steve right outside the cruise terminal and walked 30 seconds to the boat. He did tell us that if we had wanted to do Jost Van Dyke we would have had to go to the west end.

I can't remember the name of the island we sailed to but Steve referred to it as "Treasure Island" (must have been the rum punch) We snorkeled in one spot, then moved to another spot for some more snorkeling and lunch. Then we went to the Indians. Absolutely beautiful. I could have stayed there another couple of days.

There were 14 of us on this trip and I did not feel crowded. Someone from our roll call posted the trip because they needed two more people. We wound up with 12 from the ship and two that were staying on the island. The group was diverse and everyone seemed to get along.

I would not hesitate to book with Steve again. Read his reviews on Trip Advisor and you will see why he gets high ratings.

Marie

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from our cruise on the NCL Pearl and did an excursion with Aristocrat day sails on the Lionheart! We had a wonderful time. Steve and Kim were just great, so accomadating and gracious host. The boat is beautiful, great condition! Great music playing while onboard. Plenty in beverages and the food was fabulous!!! Snorkeling was the greatest for those that snorkel!!! Those that don"t snorkel can relax, read a book, or talk with Steve and Kim! Great for all ages, especially those that have older guest that need to just relax and enjoy while younger people are enjoying the waters. This was just the greatest experince for us!!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

Our group of 4 were with Steve and Kim on the Lionheart in Tortola on Sunday Feb 27th. The boat is docked very close to where the RC Serenade docks, so it was a quick walk. The Lionheart is a beautiful catamaran in wonderful condition. There were only 15 on board, as compared to the ship's excursions that pack in 30 to 40 people.

Captain Steve and Kim had wonderful food on board as well as ample drinks. We snorkeled off of Norman Island at the Bight, supposedly the island were Treasure Island is based on, and then moved to a different area where there was more wonderful snorkeling.

I would highly recommend this excursion to anyone who wants a more intimate setting, no crowds, wonderful good and drink, and a friendly and experienced crew!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I am looking for some people to join a sail with Aristocat charters on February 9, 2012 we would go to Norman Island (Treasure Island) for several snorkel stops, lunch and drinks and equipment included. We are arriving on the Carnival Valor which will be in port from 7- 3:30 EST (8-4:30 Tortola time). We would need to meet Steve very close to where the ship docks when we dock to have plenty of time to do this trip. We hope you will join us! Mark and Mary

Hi' date=' I am looking for some people to join a sail with Aristocat charters on February 9, 2012 we would go to Norman Island (Treasure Island) for several snorkel stops, lunch and drinks and equipment included. We are arriving on the Carnival Valor which will be in port from 7- 3:30 EST (8-4:30 Tortola time). We would need to meet Steve very close to where the ship docks when we dock to have plenty of time to do this trip. We hope you will join us! Mark and Mary[/quote']

Be sure to post this on the roll call for your specific cruise if you haven't already. That would be your best place to find others in Tortola on the same day you are.

Good luck.

Day Sail to Norman Island on Dec 28th! Join us on our day sail to Norman Island with Aristocat Charters of Tortola. We are a family of four wanting to enjoy the highly recommended experience of sailing and snorkeling the caribbean seas around Norman Island, with lunch included, on our day in port on Tortola Dec 28th. We need more sailors to make this plan a go. If you are interested, contact Captain Steve at http://www.aristocatcharters.com to join us on this great experience!

Be sure to post this on the roll call for your specific cruise if you haven't already. That would be your best place to find others in Tortola on the same day you are.

Good luck.

Thanks Linda! Your cruise is coming up soon, have a wonderful adventure! Are you taking an aristocat trip on your vacation? If so, will you post about your trip? If you have a great time, it might help me get some interest.

I have posted on our roll call, but it hasn't been busy lately. Steve did get another inquiry, but they want a private sail. Fortunately he owns 2 catamarans and will bring both to the docks by the Valor if I can get some others interested.

I looked to see if another ship would be in port with us. There is one, but it is Mein Schiff 2, a refurbished Celebrity ship for people from Germany. They don't have a roll call on Cruise Critic. If you have any other ideas, or know of other sites like CC, I would be interested. Mary

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Linda! Your cruise is coming up soon' date=' have a wonderful adventure! Are you taking an aristocat trip on your vacation? If so, will you post about your trip? If you have a great time, it might help me get some interest.

I have posted on our roll call, but it hasn't been busy lately. Steve did get another inquiry, but they want a private sail. Fortunately he owns 2 catamarans and will bring both to the docks by the Valor if I can get some others interested.

I looked to see if another ship would be in port with us. There is one, but it is Mein Schiff 2, a refurbished Celebrity ship for people from Germany. They don't have a roll call on Cruise Critic. If you have any other ideas, or know of other sites like CC, I would be interested. Mary[/quote']

Just got off The Carnival Freedom. Did the day sail with Aristocat. It was WONDERFUL. Wife's first time snorkeling and loved it. To give you an idea. They were docked in 30feet deep water and sitting on the boat I could see the sea floor below us clearly. When snorkeling in the 3 different spots it was crystal clear. They could put an eye chart on the sea floor and I felt like I could read it.

Captain Steve was hilarious. They served very good food, some of our roll call even asked for the recipe. The rum drinks were great. Beer, soda, and water were also provided. We had 12 people on the boat and it didn't feel crowded.

They also have an ocean kayak. So I took that out for a spin at the second stop to have a little fun.

I posted this on another thread. I thought this tour was the best one we did on our 4 port cruise. Especially fun if you have a good group with you like we did.

Just got off The Carnival Freedom. Did the day sail with Aristocat. It was WONDERFUL. Wife's first time snorkeling and loved it. To give you an idea. They were docked in 30feet deep water and sitting on the boat I could see the sea floor below us clearly. When snorkeling in the 3 different spots it was crystal clear. They could put an eye chart on the sea floor and I felt like I could read it.

Captain Steve was hilarious. They served very good food, some of our roll call even asked for the recipe. The rum drinks were great. Beer, soda, and water were also provided. We had 12 people on the boat and it didn't feel crowded.

They also have an ocean kayak. So I took that out for a spin at the second stop to have a little fun.

I posted this on another thread. I thought this tour was the best one we did on our 4 port cruise. Especially fun if you have a good group with you like we did.

I also was on this excursion. I agree, it was the best! The water was amazing, the food was delicious and the rum punch was flowing.... I recommend "Aristocat" highly! It was absolutely the best day, I hated to see it end. Captain Steve really knows how to take care of his guests.

• 2 weeks later...

I recall having to put a deposit. However, it could have been because we had a whole group of people. If we didn't show up, they would have been out big time. We've booked other excursions privately, where no deposit was required.

We booked with aristocat charters for our end of February cruise for a day sail. No deposit was requested at the time of booking. Is this usual?

I have them booked for Feb 9, however we have not met the required amt of people so probably won't happen. I did not have to put a deposit with Aristocat. Happy New Year! Mary

I have them booked for Feb 9' date=' however we have not met the required amt of people so probably won't happen. I did not have to put a deposit with Aristocat. Happy New Year! Mary[/quote']

Did you check out your Roll Call here on CC and ask if anyone is interested? That's a great way to meet the minimum. Good luck! We had a great day with them!

JoAnn. When Elizabeth and I booked we were not asked for a deposit. Perhaps Captain Steve just knew about you guys. Figured you might drink too much Rum Punch and forget to pay.

:D Too much rum??? who us gals??? ROFLMBO

It sure was a great excursion. I'm so glad you and Elizabeth were able to join us.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi' date=' I am looking for some people to join a sail with Aristocat charters on February 9, 2012 we would go to Norman Island (Treasure Island) for several snorkel stops, lunch and drinks and equipment included. We are arriving on the Carnival Valor which will be in port from 7- 3:30 EST (8-4:30 Tortola time). We would need to meet Steve very close to where the ship docks when we dock to have plenty of time to do this trip. We hope you will join us! Mark and Mary[/quote']

I was just looking for reviews for the Aristocat Day Sails and saw your message. We are on the same cruise but are looking into going to Jost Van Dyke. I know we have to go to the west side so am still confirming with Steve if we have time. He says we do but, cutting it close doesn't work when catching a cruise. We are still trying to decide which area is best. Are you guys still wanting to take a Day Sail?

Linda

Arizona

I was just looking for reviews for the Aristocat Day Sails and saw your message. We are on the same cruise but are looking into going to Jost Van Dyke. I know we have to go to the west side so am still confirming with Steve if we have time. He says we do but, cutting it close doesn't work when catching a cruise. We are still trying to decide which area is best. Are you guys still wanting to take a Day Sail?

Linda

Arizona

If we had a group and wanted to go to Norman Island area, Steve said he would look into bringing the Lionheart from Soper's Hole to the cruise dock area. Then there would not be a taxi involved. It would depend on if there is an available slip he could use that day. It would save money on a roundtrip taxi, and take away the worry of having to get back to the ship.

If he was going to sail to Jost Van Dyke, Soper's Hole is closer to that area, and he would probably want to have the group meet the boat there. Mark and I like to snorkel and wanted to do Norman Island rather than Jost Van Dyke.

I don't know how many are in your group, but I have posted on the roll call a Norman Island trip several times and only had one response, but they declined due to the cost and short time in Tortola. Steve needs a minimum of 8 people.

Several on the roll call did want to go to Jost Van Dyke, so you might want to post an Aristocat sail to JVD on the roll call and see if you get some response to that. Kurulu and Patouche and White Squall also do day sails so you might check and see if they have a trip going somewhere. Also BVI360 does a trip to JVD but there was some confusion as to the time. They leave at 7:30 Tortola time which is 6:30 ship time, and we would not be docked. I don't know if the people interested on the roll call got that worked out with them.

We are part of a larger group, and are probably going to the Baths with another couple that did not want the expense of another sail. (We are doing Eli's eco tour in Antigua.) I have been told the others in the group are doing scuba.

We could change our mind on that, but probably only for a Norman island trip, not JVD. Good Luck, I will check back here to see what you find out.

There is a Cruise Critic Meet and Greet onboard the Valor on Sunday from 12:30 - 1:30 in the Lindy Hop Piano Bar. Hope to meet you there! Mary

Archived