A possibly good Orient Lines substitute-Cie des Iles du Ponant

bahrain_not_dubai!

I was looking around the otherday and I landed on a cruise company I had heard off before but never taken a proper look at. Now I do I reialise that they have many adventurus itenanaries where noone else is going and at the same time operate yachts instead of cruise ships with a luxury line feel. Cie des Iles du Ponant operates a fleet of 2 luxury yachts and an expidition ship. They have 2 more luxury cruise yachts on order. Thier itenanaries seem to be very intresting including places such as Japan, Asia, India, the Arctic, the Antarctic, Oceana, Seychellies and Africa. Pricing is also a bit under that of Seabourn, Silversea, etc. More or less on par with Oceana/Azmara (pricing wise). And for that you get on a ship with about 100 other guests. Seems to be a very good offer to me!

http://www.ponat.com (select english language when on home page unless you want it in french)

http://www.ponant.com/boreal-austral/en-boreal-austral-2010.html

Go for it. It´s my favourite one. Really chic whose food is probably the best ever afloat. If you like quiet intimate enviroments with a moderate amount of luxury, but good prices, don´t hesitate it.

Archived