How can I link our dinner table int he MDR to our friends table?

We will be on the Serenade in April. Friends have decided to go also and made their reservations today. My question - isn't there a place of the RCI or C&A to link our two reservations so that we have the same dinner table?

You and your friends need to contact whomever you made your reservations with (TA or RCI) and give them your respective names and reservation numbers and request your MDR dining be linked.

Ask your friends for their Reserv # then call RCCL or the TA and give them your names and Reserv #'s to have them linked. I linked friends of ours by getting their #, no need for both to contact. Once you get your sea Pass Cards at checkin, double check to see if you are all at the same table.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

You only need to "link" if you have traditional dining. If you both have MTD, you simply show up together and that's how you'll be seated.

There is also the option to link reservations for My Time Dining in addition to just showing up at the dining room. We have done this with friends for several cruises because we like to make reservations online before the cruise for a specific time each night. We've had no problems changing our reservation times once onboard if our plans change. To link reservations, each party in the group just needs to have each others names and reservation numbers and contact their TA or Royal Caribbean if booked directly with the cruiseline.

There is also the option to link reservations for My Time Dining in addition to just showing up at the dining room. We have done this with friends for several cruises because we like to make reservations online before the cruise for a specific time each night. We've had no problems changing our reservation times once onboard if our plans change. To link reservations, each party in the group just needs to have each others names and reservation numbers and contact their TA or Royal Caribbean if booked directly with the cruiseline.

We have 10 who are doing MTD we would like to eat together at 6PM what is the best way to handle this. Did not know you could book before you cruise. On Independence. Our pressies are linked already

Edited by quiltsnh

I've phoned with the names and reservation numbers of the friends' rooms and was told that they've noted the information and now the other couples need to phone and do the same thing to link to mine. Annoying since each of those phone calls is 15 minutes on hold.

Thanks for the info, everyone. I knew I could call and get them links, but I thought I saw something where I could do it online. They have our reservation # and we have theirs so we can call. Just wanted to do it online so that I could "maybe" get a confirmation. (We are doing traditional late dining, not MTD.)

We have 10 who are doing MTD we would like to eat together at 6PM what is the best way to handle this. Did not know you could book before you cruise. On Independence. Our pressies are linked already

Access your reservation account information on Royal Caribbean's website. Then click on the Cruise Planner tab and there is information about making dinner reservations for the main dining room and specialty dining. You may be too close to your sail date in February to make reservations online or may find that your preferred time slot is unavailable online at this late date. If so, just go to the My Time Dining section of the dining room and speak to the Maitre D, who will be available in the afternoon on the first day of the cruise (check with guest services as to the hours that staff is there) and make your reservations.

I have made reservations for our party of 10 for My Time Dining in the past anywhere from 6:15-6:45 and we were able to sit at the same table with the same wait staff all week; however, I made reservations online as soon as they became available to book and went to the dining room once onboard to confirm with the Maitre D.

Did you book your cruise through a travel agent or directly with Royal Caribbean? They may be able to answer your questions if you have trouble doing it yourself online. Also, I believe that there is an e-mail address where you can e-mail the dining room directly with your request. I can't remember the e-mail address, but maybe somebody else can provide it for you.

Access your reservation account information on Royal Caribbean's website. Then click on the Cruise Planner tab and there is information about making dinner reservations for the main dining room and specialty dining. You may be too close to your sail date in February to make reservations online or may find that your preferred time slot is unavailable online at this late date. If so, just go to the My Time Dining section of the dining room and speak to the Maitre D, who will be available in the afternoon on the first day of the cruise (check with guest services as to the hours that staff is there) and make your reservations.

I have made reservations for our party of 10 for My Time Dining in the past anywhere from 6:15-6:45 and we were able to sit at the same table with the same wait staff all week; however, I made reservations online as soon as they became available to book and went to the dining room once onboard to confirm with the Maitre D.

Did you book your cruise through a travel agent or directly with Royal Caribbean? They may be able to answer your questions if you have trouble doing it yourself online. Also, I believe that there is an e-mail address where you can e-mail the dining room directly with your request. I can't remember the e-mail address, but maybe somebody else can provide it for you.

I just went on line and booked thanks for the information.... this is the first time with my time.