Current towel policy - to swipe or not to swipe?

kpee

Been on many cruises and each time the pool towel policy seems to change. Heading out next month on Oasis. Anyone know what the her current policy is? It seems to be different ship to ship. :confused:

Been on many cruises and each time the pool towel policy seems to change. Heading out next month on Oasis. Anyone know what the her current policy is? It seems to be different ship to ship. :confused:

I will be on the Oasis the week before you, I will leave some towels. I really hate all you happy people getting on my ship while I was slowly walking out of the cruise terminal.

Can someone explain the swipe thing to me? Like when I walk off the ship I check out a towel, or I have to check them out at the pool on the actual ship?

On a past cruise I had a problem with the Oasis not recognizing towels after I returned them under the "swipe" system. I don't know if they still try to collect for towels that are not shown to be returned. The policy on the last couple of cruises was that you needed to swipe to get towels on port days but not on sea days. It's a dumb policy. I get a couple of towels on the first day and leave them in my room and I never need to swipe for any towels, I'll use them and get a clean towel before I return to my room. This also eliminates the worry of having someone take your towel on a shore excursion. On my last cruise I was on a snorkeling trip and a mom was starting to get upset because one of her kids couldn't find their towel. I just came them mine to return and it solved their problem without anyone getting upset.

No swipe on Grandeur last year. I'm pretty sure it's RCI policy and not ship by ship that there's no swipe except for gangway when they know for sure you're taking it ashore.

The way we avoid swiping for a towel when we go off the ship is to make sure we have a clean one the day before from the pool deck and carry that off. We always return it, but it's less hassle.

Lately, my experience has been one of two things:

1. No swiping out towels at all.

2. No swiping at the pool, but you DO swipe if you pick up a towel on the gangway/pier on the way off the ship.

:)

This was our experience on the Legend last week,

What is the towel policy on the Serenade of the seas? Swipe yes or no?

Can i take 2 towels by the pool and take them off the ship next day for the beach and ask for clean ones when back on the ship?

Thanks

sheba2008

We were on the Oasis first week of January 2015 and did not have to swipe at the pool. When we left the ship we had to swipe and then return the towels and swipe back in. After our first port we just took our own towels we packed at home when we went into a port.

Mike

:D Hear you! Thought the same when I first read it. :D

LuLu

I can assure you - no intention to "swipe" a towel. I was simply wondering what the current policy is. It seems to change every cruise I go on. I was just curious. Promise.

My favorite towel-swiping story.

It was a port day.

I didn't want to face a backup on the pier, nor did I want to swipe out a towel. I'm honest; *I* know that I'll return the towel. (ick, who would want it?)

It was first thing in the morning.

I walked up to the pool deck.

I walked up to the pool attendant and asked for one towel.

He said, "Are you going to take it off the ship?"

I gazed directly into his eyes and said, "Nooooooooooooooooooooo."

He smiled and just handed me the towel.

:D

My favorite towel-swiping story.

It was a port day.

I didn't want to face a backup on the pier, nor did I want to swipe out a towel. I'm honest; *I* know that I'll return the towel. (ick, who would want it?)

It was first thing in the morning.

I walked up to the pool deck.

I walked up to the pool attendant and asked for one towel.

He said, "Are you going to take it off the ship?"

I gazed directly into his eyes and said, "Nooooooooooooooooooooo."

He smiled and just handed me the towel.

:D

Your goose is cooked now! The towel police are en route to pick you up. If you end up in San Quentin ask for D-block, it's got the best rec yard. I did 5 to 10 back in the 90s for smuggling rum onboard. I'll start working on the cake with a file in it.