beach and downtown shopping

cajun-crazy

Docking at Puerto Maya and want to go to a beach club for part of the day and also visit the downtown area for shopping. Am thinking Money Bar, Paradise Beach or somewhere in that area.

I am guessing that since I can't safely walk to town, I would be looking at taking a taxi to downtown, from there a taxi to the beach club of my choice, then a taxi back to the ships pier.

In November when we docked here, I limited my shopping to what was at the pier - so this trip I want to make the effort to go into town.

Am I correct in my thinking that I'll just have to taxi three-way?

Docking at Puerto Maya and want to go to a beach club for part of the day and also visit the downtown area for shopping. Am thinking Money Bar, Paradise Beach or somewhere in that area.

I am guessing that since I can't safely walk to town, I would be looking at taking a taxi to downtown, from there a taxi to the beach club of my choice, then a taxi back to the ships pier.

In November when we docked here, I limited my shopping to what was at the pier - so this trip I want to make the effort to go into town.

Am I correct in my thinking that I'll just have to taxi three-way?

Most of your thinking is correct.

Not sure where "safety" fits in? It is certainly possible and "safe" to walk to town from Puerta Maya depending on how mobile you are. Whether it is worth the time and effort in e heat on a short cruise ship stop probably not, but I have walked ocean side several times in the evening on land vacations.

We loved Paradise Beach, really such a great place! We have walked to downtown last year from the International cruise pier and it was pretty long, Puerta Maya is further. I think your plan to take three taxis is a good one.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

It is perfectly safe to walk around in Cozumel.... however it is always going to be hot and humid. A mile in the humidity is pretty far.

There are sidewalks going north to town from Puerta Maya, but they are broken and uneven at times. Going south of the dock, no sidewalks to south beach clubs. Take a taxi.

We do it the opposite way, we go to the beach first before the crowds get there. When we have had enough we go shopping in town. Two advantages are less people when you are at the beach and you don't have to carry your purchases to the beach. It is still warm for swimming early in the day.

When we take the cab in town we request the original Los Cinco Soles, my favorite shop. It is the same cost for the cab. We then walk towards the ships and pick up a cab when we have had enough. This is a little ways away from "downtown" but I am far from "in shape" and can walk

it. The shop is worth it in my opinion.

Edited by Badgertr
Add second paragraph