Buck Island - Turtle Beach specific question

just4steven

I am a frequent visitor to St Croix, very familiar with all the local type forums and everything, so the wonderful disclaimer is: I am NOT looking for a use the search function answer to gain you 50k posts in a year :D:rolleyes:

I am with people that do not want to snorkel at all, just want to see and spend the day at Turtle Beach with our cooler packed full of wonderful goodness. I know of at least one company that does this.

So FINALLY, after all the hype up and disclaimers I have to do :rolleyes: here is my question: Sunday is notorious for the locals and beaches, I have seen it in person and know what it is all about and do not care for the Coki beach x10 environment at Cramers :)

Has anyone done any of the Sunday only beach drop offs at Turtle Beach only with no snorkeling and is the environment similar to say Coki on St Thomas or Cramers beach on a Sunday in St Croix?

Yes, all disclaimers had to be made as this is a cruisecritic/tripadvisor related forum :rolleyes: I am not really too much of a jerk, but hey, now a days you gotta make things crystal clear to get any responses on a forum :cool:

In short, while I might love the "smell in the air", I do not want it to be over crowded and approached every 5 minutes to enjoy the "smell in the air" with them, and of course the boomboxes from 1980 with 12 inch subwoofers and blasting way too loud.

THANKS!

:)

I often went on sailboats (ours or with friends) over to Buck Island on Sunday afternoon during the nine years we lived there. Most of us anchored off the white sand beach on the west side of Buck Island which some refer to as Turtle Beach.

I never saw the beach crowded at all even on a Sunday, but you'll find more local people during summer month weekends because many find the water too cold in the winter. On weekdays, the beach is almost empty except for the six tour operator boats approved by the National Park Service to carry paid passengers.

The atmosphere is nothing at all like Coki Beach on St. Thomas or Cramers Park. People are friendly and might say hello to a stranger they pass while strolling on the sand, but no one is approaching trying to sell things. The beach is on National Park Service property. Rangers are very visible on weekends.