Review Coconut's On the Beach

weeza

We just got back from our Celebrity Summit cruise. I had made no plans prior for St. Croix. Since this was our first port of call, we were just looking for a relaxing beach day. We totally found it at Coconut's on the Beach.

When you walk off of the dock you'll enter a small shopping area - walk to the left along the beach, it's a little bit of a walk, but not bad and you'll come to a sign that says "free chairs, umbrellas and wifi". Just walk up a small set of brick stairs and you'll be there. We parked ourselves right along the beach, grabbed some chairs and a umbrella and just relaxed and enjoyed the water. I would probably bring watershoes it can be a little rocky.

We ate a awesome lunch - bbq brisket burger, quesadilla, and a texas chicken burger which came with fries. I'm not a drinker so I can't comment on the drinks but they had bottles of water. Also there was live music which was very good. This was a great way to start off our cruise.

If anybody has any questions, I'll try to answer.

It didn't start to get crowded until we started to leave around 2:30 or 3:00. I think we got there around 10:30 or 11:00. It was just a nice place to kick back and relax. I have some pictures. I'll try to post them.

Sorry for any confusion. I guess I should of stated we left the ship around 10:30 or 11am. By the time looked at the shopping places, it was probably closer to noon. But, they were already open serving drinks and they were cooking out on the grill.

• 4 weeks later...

Just came from St Croix's last week. Walking distance is probably quarter to three eighths of a mile. If you want an easier walk, don't walk on the beach. Go past the museum right in front and to the left of getting off the ship and take a left on the street. You can walk the asphalt road all the way to Coconuts. Or stop at Freedom City Beach bar which is a bit closer.

I'll be posting a video of the beach and Coconuts here in a couple of days.

Edited by mdrobtx

We went to Coconut's last Friday while in St. Croix. It was a great day - beautiful weather, live music, free chairs and umbrellas, crystal clear water. It is a sandy beach but there are rocks to avoid in the water. We wore water shoes and had no problem. Going - we walked on the road - 1/4 mile. Returning - we strolled down the beach. They also have free wireless, several crew members were there with their laptops, etc.

• 10 months later...
This beach sounds nice for the day, can anyone tell me if there is any snorkeling? We bring our own equipment so we don't need to rent anything.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

We saw someone snorkeling there but I don't think there is anything to see, BUT it is a nice beach area with a beach bar, food, live music and free chairs within walking distance of the pier. We will go back again. Lou

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
What is the beach name that Coconuts and Freedom bar re located on?

If coming from Christiansted after snorekling tour, about how much for the taxi please?

No Taxi Needed! When you get back to the cruise ship pier and just turn right walk behind the fort and continue maybe 1/4 mile (10-15 minutes) and you are there. Hope this helps, Lou

Is there a reef off shore that you can swim out to?

Is the bottom strictly sandy or are there rocks? vegetation?

Thanks in advance

Mostly sand with some rocks. While I saw a couple of snorkelers this is not a snorkel sight, just a fun inexpensive day on the beach sight. Lou