Why 2015 Pearl cruise costs lot more than 2014?

kitsVA

I was under the impression early booking will get you better cabins and prices. I checked the prices for 3rd week of June cruise from Seattle for 2014 and 2015 and I see the same cabin is costing us $350 more in 2015.

We will be a group booking over 10-15 cabins and that adds up to lot of money. Wondering if we should wait as it's a pain to cancel and rebook for entire group again and we might not get the same cabins again. Costco does the price match when prices drop but to keep same booking there will be a $25 fee.

Thank you.

It's supply and demand, and this is prime time. This far out, the cruise lines have plenty of time to test the waters. I also don't find NCL, and especially on the Pearl, huge discounts. They can get the higher prices, due to their Glacier Bay itinerary. IF you notice, the Tracy Arm itinerary is usually hundreds cheaper.

Depends on your group, how you wish to proceed? But, there is no point in "comparing" anything. What prices are this year, have nothing to do with what prices are going to be any other time, same with your airfare, if needed. If airfare costs are also being assumed, then you may want to wait for any booking until those fares are known.

Edited by Budget Queen

Not all travel agencies charge you to make changes to your bookings. My daughter and son-in-law changed their reservation several times to take advantage of lower pricing and never paid any fees. They did pay an initial one time booking fee of maybe $25-35. I would check out some other options for reserving. They chose not to go with some other agencies for exactly the reason you mentioned.