Still feel the ship rocking days after cruise is over

PBC29

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I was on a ship for 7 days had only one hours worth of feeling sick the entire time the 2nd day. We got off the ship on a saturday morning drove to the airport 20 minutes away got on the plane after a 5 hour wait. We were home by 10pm I was fine nothing wrong but woke up the next day and felt like I was back on the ship with the motion of the rocking ship. This lasted 3 days then I was fine again. My travel partners felt the same way but they felt it on only the original day we were off the ship and flying home.

It used to happen to me also. It was so bad once I thought I had the flu. I don't get seasick but used to suffer after returning home. The time it got so bad I actually went to the doctor, thought I had caught something. He told me to take seasick meds for a few days after returning home, worked like a charm. ;)

Thankfully, it doesn't happen any more, but it really can be bothersome to many!

Five cruises, also some time doing commercial fishing in Alaska (not as tough as it sounds), and I've never felt seasick or tipsy. However, I once did an overnight train trip, and for the next few days walked around with sea legs!

Absolutely...but I love it! :D

I'm with you! :D

I've never been seasick, even in 50' seas on a couple of occasions, but it's normal (for me anyway) to feel the motion of the ship for a day or 2 after getting off.

You are experiencing a condition called "mal de d'embarquement syndrome" which is real and is caused by the same things that normally cause "sea sickness". Lots of people suffer this. It can last for a while - up to a week, some say.

This can also happen after a particularly long flight or from spending hours riding in a car.

Not serious....but a little off-putting, for sure.

Yes, & it's totally normal ... irritating but normal. I've been on 3 cruises & experienced it w/ each. After my 1st cruise I had it for about 2 weeks but by the 3rd cruise I had it for under a week. It bothered me most in my spinning class! I felt like I was on a ship in bad weather! Ugh! Also felt it when sitting down at the kitchen table.

In my experience it gets longer after each cruise. My first cruise, it only lasted the day we disembarked. After our last cruise, it was off and on for about 3 months.

I don't get sea sick - in fact I love the rocking of the ship. I am normally a klutz - I can trip over nothing. But on the ship, I have no problem walking straight on a rocking ship. Hubby claims that my equilibrium is normally messed up so that when the ship rocks, my equilibrium is normal. :D

I have been on one cruise (so far). I didn't get seasick, but everything felt like it was moving for WELL over a week after I got home. It was especially bad when I first laid down in bed at night or when I was in the shower or just doing my hair or whatever in the bathroom. I think that's because I felt the movement the most in bed and in the bathroom on the ship. It was kind of disconcerting and very annoying but definitely not enough to keep me from more cruises! Plus, I was on a high after the cruise for the whole time things felt like they were moving! It was kind of great!

We have cruised a lot (probably spent about 2 years on cruise ships) and my wife often has that problem after cruises. The problem gets worse when we have been on long cruises (such as 21 days+) that have lots of sea days.

Hank

Archived