Canada Place - which ship?

There is only the Silver Shadow that would have arrived this morning and will leave this evening. I can find no cruise ships that are in the southern gulf or northern Strait of Georgia. I wondered if as a result of the United computer glitch yesterday the either the Coral or Volendam was late leaving (we can't see them for the smoke) but can't find any evidence of that. There are a couple of very large yachts in the region right now, a friend of mine is piloting one and I would wonder if that is what you saw....beyond that your guess is as good as anyones.

There is only the Silver Shadow that would have arrived this morning and will leave this evening. I can find no cruise ships that are in the southern gulf or northern Strait of Georgia. I wondered if as a result of the United computer glitch yesterday the either the Coral or Volendam was late leaving (we can't see them for the smoke) but can't find any evidence of that. There are a couple of very large yachts in the region right now, a friend of mine is piloting one and I would wonder if that is what you saw....beyond that your guess is as good as anyones.

From our hotel room we can squeeze a view down Hornby Street and see a sliver of the white at Canada Place, which is probably the Silver Shadow. We watched that ship arrive. As I was pointing out to my brother that we had a "water view :D " we saw a ship leaving. If that was a yacht then WOW. I'm 99.9% sure that it was not unless their is a Saudi King around today.

Edited by notentirelynormal

Perhaps a certain Mr Washington was in town and took his yacht for a little spin in the harbour - PD - how big is it again?

Cheers!

Dennis

D Dub's tub, the Atessa 4, is 337 ft. long however, there is a much larger one in the area and my bud's wife sent Dudette an email the other night about this one....but being married for 45 years and developed selective hearing it went in one ear and out the other.

D Dub's tub, the Atessa 4, is 337 ft. long however, there is a much larger one in the area and my bud's wife sent Dudette an email the other night about this one....but being married for 45 years and developed selective hearing it went in one ear and out the other.

Maybe that is the one. It looked like a decent size cruise ship. It was weird because it was leaving port just before I posted my question and we all know cruise ships don't leave at 8:30 in the morning. That was why I told my brother that my CC buddies would be able to answer.

My husband can't hear a word I'm saying unless he has a headache. Then I seem to be yelling at him LOL.

Wait... clicked on a picture of the Atessa 4, nope, not it. The ship was white.

Edited by notentirelynormal

A little story - a few years ago when I was getting my hearing check - the audiologist stated that most women's have a high frequency voice and most men with hearing issue have a high frequency voice deafness so perhaps it not all selective hearing loss but some real life hearing issues.

Wonder if phoning the PR people at Port Metro Vancouver might get us an answer.

Cheers!

Dennis

Maybe that is the one. It looked like a decent size cruise ship. It was weird because it was leaving port just before I posted my question and we all know cruise ships don't leave at 8:30 in the morning. That was why I told my brother that my CC buddies would be able to answer.

My husband can't hear a word I'm saying unless he has a headache. Then I seem to be yelling at him LOL.

Wait... clicked on a picture of the Atessa 4, nope, not it. The ship was white.

Nope, the Atessa 3 and 4 both have blue hulls.