Irie Tours - West Beach Hopping Tour

stefmo

Has someone done the Loko Bus West Beach Hopping Tour

with Irie Tours ?

It's a 6 hour West Island tour instead of the 3 hour East Tour.

On the west tour you go to Cas Abou Beach, Santa Cruz Beach,

Playa Forti (cliff jumping), Knip Beach.

$69 drinks and lunch included.

Hi there! We will be in Curacao in April, and we are in port from 8am to 9pm, so we were considering this tour as well. I requested the tour info from Irie, and here is what I got back last week:

How many of you want to join us? We can do the Beach Hopping tour to the West side of the Island with a minimum of 6 people. This tour is $65 per person and includes Beer, Soft drinks, water, the entrance fee at the beaches and the entrance fee at Boka Tabla, which is a park with 7 caves.

If you don’t have 6 people, you can do the East Side Tour. I will give you a short tour description…

First we drive over the Juliana Bridge, where you will have a great view of Willemstad. Then we pass through the old Jewish neighborhood, you will see all the old Jewish Mansions that are being restored. We also visit the Curacao Liquor distillery, here you can see how the ‘Blue Curacao’ is made and taste the different flavors. After the distillery we go to the Spanish water area, which is a beautiful residential area in the Spanish Water Bay. The last stop will be at the Curacao Sea Aquarium Beach, we stay here for 1 hour.

This tour is $20 per person and includes unlimited beer, soft drinks and bottled water during the tour AND the entrance fee to the beach.

Since we don't have 6 people in our group and the Roll Call is pretty much dead for our sailing (it's a Colon sailing), I guess we will be taking the East Side tour. I hope you have better luck :)

Hi there! We will be in Curacao in April, and we are in port from 8am to 9pm, so we were considering this tour as well. I requested the tour info from Irie, and here is what I got back last week:

How many of you want to join us? We can do the Beach Hopping tour to the West side of the Island with a minimum of 6 people. This tour is $65 per person and includes Beer, Soft drinks, water, the entrance fee at the beaches and the entrance fee at Boka Tabla, which is a park with 7 caves.

If you don’t have 6 people, you can do the East Side Tour. I will give you a short tour description…

First we drive over the Juliana Bridge, where you will have a great view of Willemstad. Then we pass through the old Jewish neighborhood, you will see all the old Jewish Mansions that are being restored. We also visit the Curacao Liquor distillery, here you can see how the ‘Blue Curacao’ is made and taste the different flavors. After the distillery we go to the Spanish water area, which is a beautiful residential area in the Spanish Water Bay. The last stop will be at the Curacao Sea Aquarium Beach, we stay here for 1 hour.

This tour is $20 per person and includes unlimited beer, soft drinks and bottled water during the tour AND the entrance fee to the beach.

Since we don't have 6 people in our group and the Roll Call is pretty much dead for our sailing (it's a Colon sailing), I guess we will be taking the East Side tour. I hope you have better luck :)

They don't actually make the Curacao liquer there, you can see a short film and sample the flavors and buy it there.

• 1 month later...

with Irie Tours ?

I am also interested in the west side tour. Any reviews ?

• 3 months later...

I also would like to know more about the West Side Irie Tour and the lunch at the Dokterstuin Plantation house. I do not eat deep fried or heavily spiced foods and what to know if the restaurant will work for me. I emailed Irie Tours late last week but haven't received a reply yet.

• 5 months later...

with Irie Tours ?

The west side tour is now $85, according to the Irie website. We were considering it, but gave up after unanswered emails.

• 4 weeks later...

We signed up for the West Beach Tours for our arrival on Eclipse Jan 15, 2014. I hope it works out as this Tour hits all the beautiful West coast beaches! I sent an e-mail today so I will keep my fingers crossed . . . :D

• 2 months later...
We signed up for the West Beach Tours for our arrival on Eclipse Jan 15, 2014. I hope it works out as this Tour hits all the beautiful West coast beaches! I sent an e-mail today so I will keep my fingers crossed . . . :D

Were you able to do this tour? I'm interested in your thoughts, if you were able to go.

We did this tour last March. It was amazing. You will go to beaches you only read about and are nowhere near cruisers! Our guide was fantastic and lunch was included. My husband still says this was one of the best private excursions we have ever done and we have done many...

Edited by 2boyzmom

we did this tour last march. It was amazing. You will go to beaches you only read about and are nowhere near cruisers! Our guide was fantastic and lunch was included. My husband still says this was one of the best private excursions we have ever done and we have done many...

thank you!

We just did this tour and it was great. We were the only two to book, so it was private, and Eddy our guide was great. One of my favorite excursions ever. If you are like me and can't decide which beach to see for the day (and like local food!!!), definitely try this!

We just did this tour and it was great. We were the only two to book, so it was private, and Eddy our guide was great. One of my favorite excursions ever. If you are like me and can't decide which beach to see for the day (and like local food!!!), definitely try this!

Could you tell me about the restaurant you went to and the option of foods? Were there satisfactory restrooms and all the stops?

Seriously thinking about doing this tour in November of this year. Will be there till 9pm so rare opportunity to do this without having to be nervous about getting back in time. Plus it's my first time to Curacao.

Denise

DKNYC....but what time do you arrive? My ship won't be in port till 10am and i am afraid I will miss the west tour. Any idea what time it usually leaves? Maybe they will do a second tour a little later in the day

Could you tell me about the restaurant you went to and the option of foods? Were there satisfactory restrooms and all the stops?

Our driver stopped at a local restaurant and we had a choice of entrees. It was authentic and open air and included in the trip except for alcohol. I think we had some type of chicken dish which was good. Bathrooms? Yes- a few concrete bathrooms at the beach stops. Go! You will love it!

DKNYC....but what time do you arrive? My ship won't be in port till 10am and i am afraid I will miss the west tour. Any idea what time it usually leaves? Maybe they will do a second tour a little later in the day

How many ships are in port that day? It is not a popular tour and you will probably be in a small van with a driver. We had one other family with us in the van, but if there were large groups, they would take the big open air bus.

We ate at Komedor Krioyo in the Landhuis Dokterstuin building. There were many choices of local food-chicken, beef, seafood, not sure about pork. It was very good. We had the cuttbean stew with meat and the beef stew. Both were very good and came with your choice of sides. After trying the ship's chocolate ice cream for several nights, and it was always melted, my mom finally got a perfect scoop here!

Bathrooms at the restaurant were good as were the ones at the beaches. At Great Knip we did have to pay $.50, but the others were free.

This was really a good excursion for us, we got to see a lot and eat great food with a wonderful waitress and an even better guide. Do try it!!

I know other people have said they have had troubles emailing Irie, but I always got a fairly quick response.

I can tell you that there are lots of twists and turns, and construction, on the roads and they are not clearly marked. If you rent a car keep this in mind.

Kayehall

We arrive at 8 am and leave at 9 pm. Don't know exactly when tour starts. I am thinking maybe 10 but don't quote me.

2boyzmom

There is supposedly one other ship in port with us.

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by DKNYC