Celestyal (f/k/a Louis) Cruise Greek Islands excursions

TCTraveler2015

I posted this on the Greece forum, but thought I might get additional information on this thread.

We are scheduled for a 12 day Istanbul to Athens w/6 day Aegean Cruise through Gate One and the cruise portion is on the Celestyal Cruise line. Since the excursions are purchased directly from the cruise line, has anyone had any experiences with the excursions and which ones were worth it?

Also, we wanted to know if the beverage package is worth purchasing from Celestyal Cruise line since it is an port intensive itinerary?

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated

• 9 months later...

We had a cruise with them and the prices of the tours were too expensive.We used local guides and the best guide was Ergin Ince,who did our Istanbul and Ephesus tours very well.That is the only nice thing I remember from Celestyal Cruise (former louis cruises) ,apart from that it is an average quality ship and service.This is the Trip Advisor link for the guide Ergin Ince ,who did our Ephesus and Istanbul tours,if you are interested in :http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1182247-d3458828-Reviews-Ephesus_Tours_Best-Didim_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html

Hope that helps,

Adalrik

I posted this on the Greece forum, but thought I might get additional information on this thread.

We are scheduled for a 12 day Istanbul to Athens w/6 day Aegean Cruise through Gate One and the cruise portion is on the Celestyal Cruise line. Since the excursions are purchased directly from the cruise line, has anyone had any experiences with the excursions and which ones were worth it?

Also, we wanted to know if the beverage package is worth purchasing from Celestyal Cruise line since it is an port intensive itinerary?

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated