2 adult 2 kids? 2 Balc rooms or 1 mini-suite with large Balc? Breakaway

tursia

We are booked in a mini-suite with large Balcony. We have two kids 7 & 10 should we keep one room or change to two connecting Balcony rooms? Sailing on Breakaway in April. Thanks!

Mini-suites are not any bigger in the room for the most part. Main difference is bathroom size. You can put the kids in an inside across the hall so they dont have a balcony and can save a bit of money.

6&8

We are booked in a mini-suite with large Balcony. We have two kids 7 & 10 should we keep one room or change to two connecting Balcony rooms? Sailing on Breakaway in April. Thanks!

With kids that little, you should be ok. When mine became older teens, I started putting them in their own cabin.

Is there a minimum age to have kids in their own room? If not, and if the money works out, I'd opt for an inside across from a balcony. However, if they had a 3rd or 4th person "sale", then I'd look at 4 to the cabin. We've put 4 in a cabin before at that age. It's not that bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same predicament only with 2 kids who are 18. I would prefer to do the 1 inside room and one mini but the current promotion with free UBP/UDP doesn't apply to inside cabins! I wouldn't care if I could actually book both 18 year olds in the inside but pretty sure they will make me book with one adult in there.

7 & 10 are close to needing their own room. You should be OK, it will be tight, but having two cabins/two bathrooms is nice.

Issue like this hinge on whether or not you ever hang in the room. My family likes to relax before dinner so extra space is nice. If you family justs showers and sleeps space is not a big deal.

Kids are going to love Breakaway, we are going for the second time this summer.

Edited by chrisc71

We were 2 adults and 2 kids (9.75&7 yrs) at Christmas in a balcony. It was very tight, and we swore it was the last time we would sail in a balcony. (Well, we lied, we have a balcony on POA later this month but that was booked a year ago!)

There is a negligible difference in cabin size between a balcony and mini suite. ITA with the suggestion of pricing out a suite, we had a H6 on breakaway and it was the best cabin we've ever had. Only one bedroom but two bathrooms, huge balcony and lots of space for everyone. Plus under the current promotion you get all 4 offerings (UDP, UBP, OBC and prepaid DSC for 2) with the suite.

IMHO kids ages 10 and 7 are too young for a cabin across the hall. I would do an adjoining cabin, but then you might as well be in a suite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk