Clanging and Banging on QM2

Leucothea

Is it me, or is QM2 getting noisier? Has anyone else noticed an increase in banging, clanging and creaking noises with rather high decibels? Loud enough to keep one awake that is? Perhaps these noises are simply loose parts; the staff is so busy on QM2, it must be difficult keeping up with repairs. QM2 is a well used ship.

We were last aboard in July, 2013, and before that in December 2012. The only creaking we heard we attributed to the storms encountered; and we enjoyed the storms. The creaking certainly did not keep us awake.

We were last aboard in July, 2013, and before that in December 2012. The only creaking we heard we attributed to the storms encountered; and we enjoyed the storms. The creaking certainly did not keep us awake.

Yes, I admit the noises I heard were during extremely rough storms, but even then they seemed much louder than normal.

The ghosts of world club members past?:rolleyes:
No. No. World club members don't die. Do They? Obviously they can't, they go from Gold to Platinum to Diamond; and, as everyone knows, Diamonds are forever. Edited by pmb1

Is it me, or is QM2 getting noisier? Has anyone else noticed an increase in banging, clanging and creaking noises with rather high decibels? Loud enough to keep one awake that is? Perhaps these noises are simply loose parts; the staff is so busy on QM2, it must be difficult keeping up with repairs. QM2 is a well used ship.

I only experienced the creaking in December of 2009 in 9074, a day or two on the way to NYC. At the time, it drove me crazy. Have never noticed it again. In hindsight, I should have appreciated it. It is sort of like fog horns. I could listen all night. It beats the noise of car alarms, motorcycles, fire trucks, etc.

J

... but no high marks to your porsche, it seems ... never thought that it could be tax and other US legislation that makes it the way you describe it ... ? ;)

i have some experience with high performance/racing cars [30 years of corvettes last one c6z06] it was time to slow down so i bought the porsche. i sure got my wish. :rolleyes:taxes and obama aint to blame for the lack of porsche power;) or 300.00 oil changes.the car handles very well and is well built just no torque:confused:

"Clanging and banging" can be related to the cabin you are in. If you are adjacent to a work area or pantry, for example, unsecured equipment or doors can create quite a row in a seaway. People 5 or 6 cabins away will probably hear nothing. As far as Porsche, more of a BMW fan myself. Never could get into the P-word.:eek::D

... but no high marks to your porsche, it seems ... never thought that it could be tax and other US legislation that makes it the way you describe it ... ? ;)

Bad gas quality I presume. I use 99ROZ. But since P has asked us not to drive the car until the fire risk problem is sorted out - which is done now - it's been a sad winter. Still no reason to change to a pre war GM truck engine with a cheap plastic body.

Bavk to QM2:

I do not recall noises at deck 9 midships but when passing between elevators C an D portside on deck 10

Bad gas quality I presume. I use 99ROZ. But since P has asked us not to drive the car until the fire risk problem is sorted out - which is done now - it's been a sad winter. Still no reason to change to a pre war GM truck engine with a cheap plastic body.

Bavk to QM2:

I do not recall noises at deck 9 midships but when passing between elevators C an D portside on deck 10

the brand new cars are still"stop drive/sell" here. the fire risk is from the brand new engine throwing a connecting rod through the block and oil splashing on the hot exhaust. ironic you say pre war ferd po had similar problems with his porsche designed /built tank engines eg tiger/panther...all built by the evil elves of the enchanted black forest. the tank engines where gutless and prone to catch fire. not much has changed...but some posers still go crazy on the options nowdays like 1200.00 leather sun visors .the vette has no problem dealing with the euro trash car for half the money even with bad gas and obama:p

QM2 cannot pass the Panama Canal neither pass through Venice. She's too big.

A Vette is to fat for Europe and to slow for our winding roads. It's a toy for boys, not for a man. In Germany more or less only pimps have this car. It's not officially available at the dealers.

QM2 cannot pass the Panama Canal neither pass through Venice. She's too big.

A Vette is to fat for Europe and to slow for our winding roads. It's a toy for boys, not for a man. In Germany more or less only pimps have this car. It's not officially available at the dealers.

But, it is keeping "clanging and banging," alive. Too darn funny.

J

But, it is keeping "clanging and banging," alive. Too darn funny.

J

I do see some in common with the thread. Driving in most regions of theUS is completely different to driving i.e. in Germany. Your roads are straight, journeys long and boring, most cars, well, boring too. A world of Camry, a car not even on sale here.

Those who notice more noises than others on the QM2 have a different experience in life. Some are very regularly on the ship, recognize the origin of some of the noise and just do not see any reason to mention it. Others may be living in a very quiet house or in a region where people do act immediately on any unknow noise.

[quote name=cunardaddict;

Those who notice more noises than others on the QM2 have a different experience in life. Some are very regularly on the ship' date=' recognize the origin of some of the noise and just do not see any reason to mention it. Others may be living in a very quiet house or in a region where people do act immediately on any unknow noise.[/quote]

Good point cunardaddict. Thanks.

Jeanne

it sure beats................"can i wear ------------on formal night" questions or "how many 55 gallon drums of wine can i bring on board because i am too cheap to pay the on board price":eek::rolleyes:;):D

NO NO NO the 55 gallon drums have been replaced with card board boxes with a plastic bag full of wine in them. Always a classy thing to bring on the Best Ocean Liner in existence. oops sorry don't mean to offend any box wine drinkers. Some even come with pre packed plastic cups. I just cannot stop myself. :o